PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 bizarre hand -- misplayed on every street??

pokerfan992
01-05-2006, 03:46 PM
$5/10 at Party. I'm definitely a fish at this level, but I'm looking to get better, so comments on this bizarre hand would be appreciated. Did I play it wrong on every street? I assumed someone had to be on 9T, but I think my biggest mistake might have been not throwing a bet out there on the river, collecting a few crying calls. (PS - Bison converter thing wasn't working)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.40 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000ff">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000ff">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (27.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000ff">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 27.20 BB

Borno
01-05-2006, 03:57 PM
I hope your kidding.. "I'm definetly a fish at this level"

you got that one right...

preflop, even getting 11:1 I think you should fold.

on the flop even getting 9:1 or whatever your getting I'd probably fold to... #1 I think yuor odds are an illusion, you'll be paying 3 or 4 bets alot w/ that 2 flush on board...

the turn, holy [censored], there must be a horseshoe in your bum... but good c/r

Horrible river check..

Good luck.. I suggest you play 1/2 and read SSHE by Ed Miller..

and don't post results, it will skew responses..

Cheers

WalkAmongUs
01-05-2006, 04:04 PM
gut says fold preflop.

if this was 34s i think you'd be ok.

shant
01-05-2006, 04:05 PM
You might want to read SSH and learn the game at a lower level. If not, at least play 10/20.

Niediam
01-05-2006, 04:05 PM
You played this so bad I almost didn't reply because I thought the chances of you being a troll were high. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

preflop: fold - your hand is crap

flop: fold - your draw is weak, the hand you are trying to make might already be beat, and you are not closing the action

turn: good

river: bet for value - you are going to have the best hand here 80%+ of the time

pokerfan992
01-05-2006, 04:22 PM
I guess honesty gets you nowhere - as I said, I am terrible (my original post said "I am a fish, ESPECIALLY at this level, but someone deleted it) and I know it, but I'm looking to get better (and can afford an "education" at 5/10).

Elevens
01-05-2006, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess honesty gets you nowhere

[/ QUOTE ]

People were giving you honest answers. I guess that got them nowhere.

[ QUOTE ]
(my original post said "I am a fish, ESPECIALLY at this level, but someone deleted it)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely a fish at this level,

[/ QUOTE ]

No one deleted it.

ajm36
01-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Is this a joke? If not, fold PF--hand plays diferently from there.

shant
01-05-2006, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess honesty gets you nowhere - as I said, I am terrible (my original post said "I am a fish, ESPECIALLY at this level, but someone deleted it) and I know it, but I'm looking to get better (and can afford an "education" at 5/10).

[/ QUOTE ]
We were giving you honest answers. Why would you want to learn poker at a higher level just because you can afford it? If you're going to make the mistakes you made in this hand again while learning, you are just costing yourself more money.

_TKO_
01-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Don't call with any two in the BB. In this spot, look to defend with Axs, any suited connector, and possibly any two cards above 9. 3-bet your big hands and sometimes suited cards QJs and above.

I don't think the flop is terrible. You are getting 9:1 on an 8:1 draw, and you don't always expect a 3-bet here.

I prefer a bet on the turn sometimes, but I do like the c/r here. Given that you c/red the turn, bet the river 100% of the time. Most people will not bluff at this point. A lot of worse hands will call you.

jskills
01-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Fold fold fold the flop. You are facing a bet and a raise holding bottom pair.

Ok, you got lucky making trips on the turn - the check raise is good.

Bet bet bet the river. Why on earth do you not bet?

Entity
01-05-2006, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think the flop is terrible. You are getting 9:1 on an 8:1 draw, and you don't always expect a 3-bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even have close to an 8:1 draw here.

Rob

C-Dog
01-05-2006, 08:18 PM
I liked the turn.

C-Dog

NhlNut
01-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't mind calling pre-flop, if you think the players who cold-called the raise are big card type players.

fold the flop.
like the turn.
bet the river.