PDA

View Full Version : TPTK facing heavy action

cooker3
09-10-2007, 04:17 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $50.00
BB: $111.00
hero (UTG): $59.85
MP: $61.05
CO: $106.15
BTN: $48.25

Reads: <font color="blue">I am 25/18 over 125 hands
Villain is 25/18/4.6 over 300 hands, his af for flop/turn/river is 6/0.7/4.1.
He is multitabler and in fact playing at all 4 of my tables
He also just lost 2 big pots, one where he got all in on flop with overpair facing a set and the other where he had trips on flop and guy hit straight on turn after much heavy betting on flop so he may be abit tilty although they both happened 5 minutes ago and he has yet not seemed crazily tilty since then</font>

Preflop: hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $2.00, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($8) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>, BB calls $3.00, hero calls $3.00, BTN folds

Turn: ($17) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $15.00</font>, BB folds

Pot Size: $32.00

I didn't want to raise the flop as button had yet to act and I didn't particulary want to play too big a pot with this hand. The turn bet strength surprised me.
So considering all the factors above, what's the play?

toddxlogan
09-10-2007, 04:21 AM
I think this might have been me.... SB screen name?

Edit:

Scratch that. Betsizing doesn't look like me and I don't really remember this hand.

rjacobs003
09-10-2007, 04:33 AM
I hear your reasoning for not raising the flop but I prefer a raise in this position. There's a flush draw on the b oard so you need to protect your top pair and your hand doesn't play as well in a 4-way pot. The hand might also play out differently.

The turn bet is a bit surprising given that the 2 doesn't really look like it could help anyone and as per your reads, he is usually quite passive on the turn. Given that he's suffered some beats in the past few hands and both you and the BB have just flat-called the flop, he could be waking up and realising that you could be drawing to the flush. I'd probably call this and then re-evaluate on the river but I'm not sure that this is in fact the right move here - tough position.

BluEsiNsOuL
09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Not raising the flop leads to tough situation on the turn because you don't really know where you stand. This board is kind of drawy and lots of turn card can be very scary to you. I think I will raise pot here and see how they respond.

cooker3
09-10-2007, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not raising the flop leads to tough situation on the turn because you don't really know where you stand. This board is kind of drawy and lots of turn card can be very scary to you. I think I will raise pot here and see how they respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you just raising to see where you stand here or because you genuinally think thats lot of worse hands will call me?

mookboi
09-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Who is the villain in question, just outa curiosity? (screen name)

Also, you HAVE to raise this flop, for exactly the reasoning you gave for not raising it. Button is still to act. The board is damn draw heavy. There's a straight draw, and a flush draw, and he has position on you. This is not a spot where you want him to draw cheaply, which is what you are allowing by calling this flop. You have to raise this, to price him out of draws &amp; force him to fold. You have TPTK, which is a decent hand, and one you definitely want to press with on this flop.

As played, the turn is a tough situation. .7 turn aggression is scary, although 300 hands isn't a lot for these #s to be really accurate. Personally, I shove him in right there. Calling is meh, because by river the pot will be 45, he will have 30, and I'd have a hard time getting away from this unless the river was like 8 of spades. Folding is a close 2nd for me.

cooker3
09-11-2007, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who is the villain in question, just outa curiosity? (screen name)

Also, you HAVE to raise this flop, for exactly the reasoning you gave for not raising it. Button is still to act. The board is damn draw heavy. There's a straight draw, and a flush draw, and he has position on you. This is not a spot where you want him to draw cheaply, which is what you are allowing by calling this flop. You have to raise this, to price him out of draws &amp; force him to fold. You have TPTK, which is a decent hand, and one you definitely want to press with on this flop.

As played, the turn is a tough situation. .7 turn aggression is scary, although 300 hands isn't a lot for these #s to be really accurate. Personally, I shove him in right there. Calling is meh, because by river the pot will be 45, he will have 30, and I'd have a hard time getting away from this unless the river was like 8 of spades. Folding is a close 2nd for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The villains name is Rennwurm, never played with him before this session.
If I raise the flop and A) he calls and b) he pushes what do you do?

mookboi
09-11-2007, 12:05 AM
If he calls, I see what he does on turn. If he checks, and it's a non threatening turn (like it was), I fire again &amp; I guess due to stack sizes, get it all in if he CRAIs.

If he donks into me, I reconsider, but probably put him in anyways. His small flop bet just screams "yo, I'm drawing, whee." It also depends on what BB does between us.

Rennwurm is a calling station.

cooker3
09-11-2007, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he calls, I see what he does on turn. If he checks, and it's a non threatening turn (like it was), I fire again &amp; I guess due to stack sizes, get it all in if he CRAIs.

If he donks into me, I reconsider, but probably put him in anyways. His small flop bet just screams "yo, I'm drawing, whee." It also depends on what BB does between us.

Rennwurm is a calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah he donated a stack with tp against a set 2 times after this hand. So against this guy donking means a draw like always do you think?