PDA

View Full Version : NL60 (Deep) - Standard or Spew

huhwhatyousay?
09-10-2007, 03:54 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.15/$0.30 Blinds
5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($0.90) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.90) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.90</font>, Hero calls $0.90, BB folds

River: ($2.70) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.70</font>, Hero calls $2.70

Pot Size: $8.10 ($0.40 Rake)

Effective stacks are $60.

Bet sizing tell: I've been at the table for a while, and I noticed that villain bet 2/3-ish pot w/ made hands.

This is the first time he open-limped. He's pretty aggressive and loose.

In retrospect, this looks a little bit spewy, but I figured MHIG the 40-44% of the time necessary to call the turn+river bets. This figures that he checks behind on the river a certain % of the time as well.

The combination of bet size tells, his line, and his aggressiveness led me to figure that his range included a high % of complete crap. I do realize he's betting into 2 people on the turn. I paused for a while before calling his turn bet, so this probably increases his river bluffing frequency.

Given my reads, is this standard or spew.

fees
09-10-2007, 04:09 AM
fold turn

huhwhatyousay?
09-10-2007, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold turn

[/ QUOTE ]

It's this simple right. lol. Thanks.

Lego05
09-10-2007, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold turn

[/ QUOTE ]

TheRenaissance
09-10-2007, 06:30 AM
I dont think this is all that bad. Marginal maybe, but not terrible. I mean, no one ever has a queen here. And if villain had a flushdraw, wouldnt he bet the flop? Only hand that has you beat that seems reasonable for an aggressive player is trip 4 (or a rivered jack).