PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Offer For SNOWBALL138

David Sklansky
10-26-2005, 03:33 AM
I posted this on the other thread, but since time is of the essence and he might not read it in time (he has to decide before he asks her out Thursday) I'm repeating it here.

$100 bet, even odds, you close the deal by Jan 1. You are on the honor system.

mattw
10-26-2005, 03:43 AM
mr. S, you have taught us that taking an insurance offer is -EV. /images/graemlins/grin.gif more specifically, when insurance odds are less than true odds. hmm, whats your edge?

behemoth2006
10-26-2005, 03:45 AM
Id make the same bet that he will, and I would make a much larger bet that stipulates that if he does go on one date with her, tehy will continue to date for at least two months, barring something crazy.

Sean'MadMan'
10-26-2005, 04:10 AM
I wanna see snowball suck sklansky out on the river (i.e. by closing the deal on new years eve)

Dan BRIGHT
10-26-2005, 04:23 AM
This is definitely a win-win for snowball.

Suppose he doesnt end up needing the insurance. It costs him 100 dollars. This likely wont mean much of anything to him, since he will be happy in a new relationship.

Suppose he ends up needing the insurance. He gets 100 dollars. Thats enough for 2 cheap hookers and enough gas to get home.

Joey Legend
10-26-2005, 05:18 AM
Making this bet without pictures of the parties involved seems clearly -EV ;-)

We don't want to be going "all-in blind" here :-)

Snowball, perhaps there is a celebrity you could liken her in appearance too :-)

KaneKungFu123
10-26-2005, 05:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Id make the same bet that he will, and I would make a much larger bet that stipulates that if he does go on one date with her, tehy will continue to date for at least two months, barring something crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

does dating mean that they will have sex or go to the movies as friends?

popesc
10-26-2005, 08:59 AM
David, have you considered the consequences of SNOWBALL138 posting in this topic?

The woman already knows SNOWBALL plays poker, and it is probable that at some point in the future (if he does "close the deal") she will know his handle on 2+2 and possibly look up his old posts.

So, imagine after a few months of dating, she finds out that he accepted a wager about her. The conversation might go something like this:

Woman: You placed a wager on me before we went out?
SB: Uhhh, yeah, but I wagered against you going out with me.
Woman: So you justed asked me out to win the bet?
SB: No...
Woman: Do you do this with all women? Is this like some sporting event to you?
W: Was it worth the $100? Did you get paid every time? Is that why we have so much sex?
SB: Of course not.
W: So it wasn't worth the $100? You disgust me. And you poker game is weak tight.
SB: Now don't make this personal.
------------------------------------

4_2_it
10-26-2005, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
David, have you considered the consequences of SNOWBALL138 posting in this topic?

The woman already knows SNOWBALL plays poker, and it is probable that at some point in the future (if he does "close the deal") she will know his handle on 2+2 and possibly look up his old posts.

So, imagine after a few months of dating, she finds out that he accepted a wager about her. The conversation might go something like this:

W: Was it worth the $100? Did you get paid every time? Is that why we have so much sex?
W: So it wasn't worth the $100? You disgust me. And you poker game is weak tight.
------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, Snowball is smart enough to accept David's offer via PM and then publicly berate him on this board in order to score even more points when she finds this.

edit ---OOPS! I probably shouldn't have posted this /images/graemlins/blush.gif

DrSavage
10-26-2005, 10:50 AM
I'd take the other side if you want, David. If he has sex with that woman by Jan 1st I will pay you $100, otherwise you'll pay me. Deal?

Joey Legend
10-26-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd take the other side if you want, David. If he has sex with that woman by Jan 1st I will pay you $100, otherwise you'll pay me. Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, Snowball is smart enough to create a second dummy account to accept the action! (And run it up to 1000 posts for extra creditiblity!)

DrSavage
10-26-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

See, Snowball is smart enough to create a second dummy account to accept the action! (And run it up to 1000 posts for extra creditiblity!)

[/ QUOTE ]

How would that make sense? The bet was offered to Snowball in the first place... Now, if I was actually the girl in question that's a different story entirely /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Joey Legend
10-26-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How would that make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to some of the concerns above....

two words, "plausable deniability" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

behemoth2006
10-26-2005, 05:04 PM
I think that they will be feeding eachother food, holding hands, and generally acting like idiots for at least two months.

with the way she's treating him already, before we knocked some sense into him, its gonna be all lovey dovey.

thats my definition for the bet.

and I would hope for snowball's sake that yes, there is copious sex.... or as he will soon be calling it, "making love".

BigBlue
10-26-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif

good scenario!

BigBlue
10-26-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$100 bet, even odds, you close the deal by Jan 1. You are on the honor system.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is going out with her tomorrow, right? so if he didn't close the deal until 1stDec he will never make it.

jaydub
10-26-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that they will be feeding eachother food, holding hands, and generally acting like idiots for at least two months.

with the way she's treating him already, before we knocked some sense into him, its gonna be all lovey dovey.

thats my definition for the bet.

and I would hope for snowball's sake that yes, there is copious sex.... or as he will soon be calling it, "making love".

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure because hot women are usually into scrawny, pale kids with no self esteem.

What you describe is clearly the most likely result...

behemoth2006
10-26-2005, 08:12 PM
wow, what a dick post.

did you even read his OP on reading women? she obviously likes him.

god you reek of bitter envy.

no offense, but reread what you wrote.... absolutely dick.

*TT*
10-26-2005, 09:08 PM
please see my reply in the origional thread...

link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3786494&Main=3757977#Post 3786494)

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

DrSavage
10-26-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
please see my reply in the origional thread...

link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3786494&Main=3757977#Post 3786494)

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not accept Sklansky's bet if Snowball were to receive coaching from TT :/

The way the bet stands right now though, i think it's easy money for me and worst bet Sklansky ever made (if he accepts it, which I don't think he will).

Also, I agree with TT's analysis. I think the most likely facts here are that the girl is looking for a "friend" relationship. For additional information please refer to www.laddertheory.com (http://www.laddertheory.com)

James Boston
10-26-2005, 11:03 PM
As I asked in the other thread (before seeing this one), why bet in favor of the guy who controls the outcome?

psyduck
10-27-2005, 02:23 AM
Sklansky is so cool.

SNOWBALL
10-27-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm going to try to respond to everyone's post at once:

1. Sklansky isn't wrong to make a bet with someone who controls the outcome because in this case me losing the bet (succeeding with her) is clearly my goal.

2. Insurance bets like this rule so much. I really pity people who don't gamble.

3. I will accept personal coaching from TT.

4. I may not ask her out tomorrow because I know her friends are in from out of town for the weekend, and I definitely don't want to end up on a non-date trying to impress her friends. Its hell.

5. I will definitely make my best effort to "get there" with her before january 1st, and I will post updates for the benefit of people who are betting on this besides me.

6. I'm also assuming getting there means what we think it means and not some lame and abortive pseudo-date or me getting stood up or something.

7. I had thought about the possibility of her finding out about this, and am not worried, because A) She would probably find it funny that I bet against myself B) No one she knows plays poker, and most people that play poker don't post on 2+2 and most people that post on 2+2 couldn't find out my real name, address, school I go to etc., even if they wanted to.

As for what she looks like, she has slightly longer than shoulder length black hair, which she wears down, is about 5 foot five, thin with probably a good size C cup. Her skin is olive. She has full pouty lips kinda like Patricia Arquette.

As far as posting pics of her, thats probably a bad idea at least until I lose this bet and "seal the deal".

Best wishes,
Snowball

SNOWBALL
10-27-2005, 04:02 AM
Hi David,

I PMed you about this, but just in case you didn't get it, I'm accepting the bet with the understanding that:

"Closing the deal" and "Getting there" mean scoring with her." If you want to propose something less extreme, it has to be more substantial than just one lame date that goes nowhere.

David Sklansky
10-27-2005, 04:16 AM
OK. We're on.

Dan BRIGHT
10-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Does "scoring" include... snowballing?

SNOWBALL
10-27-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does "scoring" include... snowballing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm not the only one who has seen clerks. And, as for your question, uh, I hope not.

Dan BRIGHT
10-27-2005, 06:02 AM
Surely its not worth 100 dollars, if thats what you mean

CrayZee
10-27-2005, 06:09 AM
Ah, internet + dating + gambling is good. All we need now is automated system like match.com. Good times.

I wish you worst of luck with the bet, Snowball!

Buccaneer
10-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Snow, let me see if I understand this. You plan to "isolate" her and then hope that she "RAISES" you and then you are going to "go all in" knowing that by just the act of going all in you loose the bet?

VADER
10-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Now her friends are coming this weekend and you've got to postpone further... I fear the worst. Next week make the move midweek b4 she's invited her pesky friends down. Drat drat and triple drat. I've got money on this too, don't let me down now bruv. No pressure mind lololol. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SNOWBALL
10-27-2005, 08:52 AM
I have the strongest intentions of losing my bet, and thereby winning yours and Sklansky's bet. I wouldn't start sweating this too hard if I were you though. I have eight weeks to charm her socks off.

jaydub
10-27-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, what a dick post.

did you even read his OP on reading women? she obviously likes him.

god you reek of bitter envy.

no offense, but reread what you wrote.... absolutely dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that is where I got the descriptions of the parties involved. How is it being a dick to simply describe the parties as the OP did.

She does like him but as TT and others have pointed out, not in that way.

4_2_it
10-27-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

4. I may not ask her out tomorrow because I know her friends are in from out of town for the weekend, and I definitely don't want to end up on a non-date trying to impress her friends. Its hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!?!?!? Don't put this off. Your coach should be all over you about this! If not, get a new coach.

BTW -- David should get double indemnity if you never get the nerve to actually ask her out.

jaydub
10-27-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!?!?!? Don't put this off. Your coach should be all over you about this! If not, get a new coach.

BTW -- David should get double indemnity if you never get the nerve to actually ask her out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nahh, I suspect his coach will have him go for a weeknight.

BarronVangorToth
10-27-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely don't want to end up on a non-date trying to impress her friends. Its hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are usually +EV situations and might be a leak in your game.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

4_2_it
10-27-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not criticizing the day of the date, only that OP has found another convenient excuse to delay asking her out.

Just ask her out. The day can be flexible, but waiting for the 'perfect' situation is what got OP into this mess.

jaydub
10-27-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not criticizing the day of the date, only that OP has found another convenient excuse to delay asking her out.

Just ask her out. The day can be flexible, but waiting for the 'perfect' situation is what got OP into this mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I would point to a lack of confidence but waiting for perfect is of course a huge effect of that root cause.

I actually disagree with the earlier statement about it being a good idea to join her with her friends. I think it is a horrible idea for the OP. Some could do it but he is not even close to ready so in that sense, this delay is a good idea. Now something from him like "I'm busy this weekend but let's get together during the week. Let's see, I have X on Monday, Y on Wednesday so how about Tuesday? Yeah Tuesday's best for me, let's meet a <cool new bar> for a drink."

Edit: With that said, I do still view this as a lost cause, this is almost certainly an intellectual whore situation.

*TT*
10-27-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3. I will accept personal coaching from TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonores just IM'ed me to tell me you accepted my offer. PM coming to you right now. I am available this Sunday EST, 6pm-9pm.

I think I have my work cut out here, but we will try our hardest to give you an edge.

Tilt
10-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Snowball, good luck. I'm rooting for you. I think you sound like a good guy and I think you'll lose this bet based on all I know about the situation.

Keep us in the loop as to what happens.

SNOWBALL
10-27-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Snowball, good luck. I'm rooting for you. I think you sound like a good guy and I think you'll lose this bet based on all I know about the situation.

Keep us in the loop as to what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks tilt

jzpiano
10-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Somebody help this n00b out....what is an insurence bet? I'm not following the bet here, just curious...

Dan BRIGHT
10-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Its pretty much what you never take in blackjack

The DaveR
10-27-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Closing the deal" and "Getting there" mean scoring with her."

[/ QUOTE ]

Good clarification.

*TT*
10-27-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As far as posting pics of her, thats probably a bad idea at least until I lose this bet and "seal the deal".

[/ QUOTE ]

Never post pics, those that do don't deserve the woman in the first place.

KudzuKing
10-27-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have eight weeks to charm her socks off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm. It's not in her socks.

Dan BRIGHT
10-28-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Never post pics, those that do don't deserve the woman in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoying a woman = +X utility points
Enjoying a woman and posting her pics on the internet = +X + Y utility points

Usually Y is a positive integer.

stigmata
10-28-2005, 08:32 AM
David,

On a related note, didn't some other people have a similar proposition bet with you in a thread in OOT, about you being introduced to some hot US news presenter you fancy?

What happened there? Result?

popesc
10-28-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good clarification.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, can she just suck out on him, or does he have to go "all-in"?

KaneKungFu123
10-28-2005, 09:56 AM
If Snowball pulls this chick, then it will go against all traditional dating techniques and all that fast seduction/alpha male dating theory.

***there is however this possibility: His lover girl is no where near as hot as he says she is, they are both nerds who fall in love and have alot of freaky nerd sex with musical instruments.

SNOWBALL
10-28-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good clarification.

[/ QUOTE ]

In poker, as in life, those things are rarely, if ever, seperate.

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 03:33 PM
So it's Friday and I assume you did not ask her out yet. Update please......You waiting for TT to give you more advice?

SNOWBALL
10-28-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If Snowball pulls this chick, then it will go against all traditional dating techniques and all that fast seduction/alpha male dating theory.

***there is however this possibility: His lover girl is no where near as hot as he says she is, they are both nerds who fall in love and have alot of freaky nerd sex with musical instruments.

[/ QUOTE ]

she's a sort of rare type of part-time nerd. its awesome. I don't know if you've met the type, but I'll do my best to describe. She's someone who is very interesting and fun, and well-liked, but she also has a bit of a self-deprecating sense of humor. She doesn't really try to impress anyone, except me on occasion.

SNOWBALL
10-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I talked to her on thursday, and she has an invalid from out of town staying with her. I thought it was wise to not ask her out. If she says no, it could be a false negative.

jaydub
10-28-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

Good clarification.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm.... sure /images/graemlins/confused.gif

guess you're not much better at poker than with the ladies...

*TT*
10-28-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So it's Friday and I assume you did not ask her out yet. Update please......You waiting for TT to give you more advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have an appointment set for Sunday. I advise no further attempts to "kick it" until after our talks, but I have to admit I think he is doing a good job of laying down the foundation for the work he has ahead of him.

SNOWBALL
10-28-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good clarification.

ummm.... sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to be rude or have you never played a SNG on party before?

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have an appointment set for Sunday. I advise no further attempts to "kick it" until after our talks, but I have to admit I think he is doing a good job of laying down the foundation for the work he has ahead of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'll lay off the kid until Monday, but even you, as his coach, should have given him the authority to call an audible in the car. That was a golden opportunity missed.

jaydub
10-28-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good clarification.

ummm.... sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to be rude or have you never played a SNG on party before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to be dense or are you just really bad at logic?

aexchange
10-29-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.sosuave.net

Mikey
10-29-2005, 10:13 AM
LOL LOL LOL you're hilarous, that is funniest thing i've read in a while.

stigmata
10-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Just stop being a pussy. Phone her up NOW and say "Hi, I really like you. A lot. Can we go out on a date sometime?"

If you really like the girl then honesty is the best way foward. Sure, you look like a chump half the time, and it makes the friendship more difficult, but your just going to be pussy footing around for ages otherwise and you will probably lose your chance.

David Sklansky
10-29-2005, 01:13 PM
"If you really like the girl then honesty is the best way foward"

If you want to espouse untested, experimental, off the wall ideas, I would appreciate it if you didn't do so when my money is on the line.

jzpiano
10-29-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"If you really like the girl then honesty is the best way foward"

If you want to espouse untested, experimental, off the wall ideas, I would appreciate it if you didn't do so when my money is on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Dan BRIGHT
10-30-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Phone her up NOW and say "Hi, I really like you. A lot. Can we go out on a date sometime?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice donk-bet. Maybe you will get lucky and she wont read it for weakness.

RydenStoompala
10-30-2005, 08:38 AM
In the name of all that's holy, collect this bet.

Then, send her a link to this thread. Then, post her picture in your avatar so we can all decide if she rates 62 thousand posts on 2+2. I'm sure she must.

Happydaz
10-30-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely don't want to end up on a non-date trying to impress her friends. Its hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh no. No no no no no. Snowball is dead on here. If he is to have any chance with this chick he needs to be in control of the situation, especially on the first date. No better way for this to snowball out of control than to go along with all her friends as a "date."

Python49
10-31-2005, 09:09 AM
Luv2Drve, just wondering if you are giving him advice online or in person and if you are a member of any seduction/dating websites like sosuave or mASF

BarronVangorToth
10-31-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he is to have any chance with this chick he needs to be in control of the situation, especially on the first date.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two misconceptions above. The minor one, it's not really the "first date," but rather a situation to go out and entertain the hell out of her and her friends. The MAJOR one, is that you can't control the situation. Oftentimes, despite it being counterintuitive, it is easier to control a group scenario than a one-on-one. Especially in this situation, where it will be "them vs. him," he is the star of the show and will command all of the attention and control the tempo. +EV ahoy ... and botched.

I've certainly not had that many girlfriends in my life, but I've had four that have lasted two or more years, all of which (except my current one) started from this exact type of scenario.

To each his own, I reckon, but I think it was a blown spot. Perhaps his advisor will keep him on the right track from this point forward.

Like many, I'm sure rooting for him to have to pay David the C-note.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

KaneKungFu123
10-31-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he is to have any chance with this chick he needs to be in control of the situation, especially on the first date.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long has he waited so far before even asking her out?

Happydaz
10-31-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How long has he waited so far before even asking her out?

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I can't think of a better way to solidify the image of "just friends" in her head than by going out with a bunch of her friends. It's a little late for a lot of things, but from reading TT's posts it looks like his coach might save him.

4_2_it
10-31-2005, 12:09 PM
According to my read of these two threads, you were supposed to have a session with your eharmonmy.com coach on Sunday.

Please update us on your progress.

RussianBear
10-31-2005, 04:06 PM
David, I'll take that bet. I don't think he'll close the deal. Reading the original post, I'm certain of it. I mean, the man can't even read the clues and body language she's giving him. I've even willing to take that bet on the honor system.

RussianBear
10-31-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
she has an invalid from out of town staying with her

[/ QUOTE ]
If I only had a nickel for every time a chick told me that when she was turning me down I'd be as rich as, well, as rich as Sklansky.

Hobbes413
10-31-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
David, I'll take that bet. I don't think he'll close the deal. Reading the original post, I'm certain of it. I mean, the man can't even read the clues and body language she's giving him. I've even willing to take that bet on the honor system.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is forbidden, as it would be benefitting from a "disaster" befalling a twoplustwo-er, per David.

Furthermore, all posts should include one of the following phrases:

"Attaboy!"
"Doooood, you're so in!!!"
"Go get 'em!"
"Score one for the team!"

Any dissent from the party line will be viewed as unhelpful, negative, and unproductive.

RussianBear
10-31-2005, 07:10 PM
Look, I'm a married man, so, obviously I want the brother to score as much as the next guy. That having been said, I highly doubt that he will, and, as a poker player, I like to get my money in when I have "way the best of it." So, if Mr. Sklansky accepts my offer, then, I'll buy the brother a hooker with the money I win. If I lose, which I won't, then Sklansky can do whatever he wants with my c-note.
I'd even pay up if she gives him head.

Hobbes413
10-31-2005, 09:13 PM
RussianBear,

I'm with you. I also tried to get those who disagreed with my assessment to give me action over in the original thread. David Sklansky banned me from doing so. My response to you was a bit of ribbing about his decision.

Strange that we are both married and both happen to think the odds of success here are slim. I'm wondering if opinion on this can be corrolated with marital status.

4_2_it
11-01-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if opinion on this can be corrolated with marital status.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm married and I'd say he is a 5-1 underdog, though I am hoping he will elevate his game.

RussianBear
11-01-2005, 02:09 PM
We married men are just more experienced. We've been successful, once, and married the chick. We know what works and what doesn't and we can see that this guy is failing. Wouldn't you think, if Sklansky is confident that the dude will score, he'd maximize his profits by taking as much action as he can get?

CajunAsian
11-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Married married married blah blah blah. So you hit a one outer for all your chips and now you think you are a professional. I see this all the time in poker.

PocketJokers72
11-17-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh no. No no no no no. Snowball is dead on here. If he is to have any chance with this chick he needs to be in control of the situation, especially on the first date. No better way for this to snowball out of control than to go along with all her friends as a "date."

[/ QUOTE ]

Meta-game thinking is definitely required here.

PocketJokers72
11-17-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Married married married blah blah blah. So you hit a one outer for all your chips and now you think you are a professional. I see this all the time in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite the opposite, sir! Marriage is the bad beat that takes your whole stack.

Mason Hellmuth
11-18-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.sosuave.net

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn it. I was hoping for a nerd sex porn site...

BBD
01-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Who won the bet?

ScottieK
01-17-2006, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who won the bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snowball138 won.

Snowball's latest (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4422841&an=&page=0&v c=1)

ScottieK

jaydub
02-04-2006, 12:46 AM
bumpity

so what happened here?

did you tell her you liked her and confess your deepest feelings only to hear cruel laughter?

did the high school quarterback beat you up when he found out you were talking to his girl?

come on now, if you're gonna post it, you at least owe us an update.