PDA

View Full Version : My stupid UTG play - Want to verify reasoning of incorrectness

KrazyMike
09-09-2007, 04:38 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($4.36)
BB ($2)
Hero ($2.95)
Button ($4.06)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.04</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.03, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.10) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.06</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.18</font>, Hero calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.46) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.24</font>, Hero calls $0.24.

River: ($0.94) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.26</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.94

I think this whole hand was a mistake, but I want to check if my reasoning about why is correct. First, I think I had a weak hand for UTG. Second, if I'm going to raise, I think I need to raise to at least .08 or .10. Third, after my raise on the flop, I should realize I'm probably beaten and fold on the turn, since the best I can hope for(besides a bluff) is the villain has an Ace with an even weaker kicker than mine.

whyzze
09-09-2007, 04:44 AM
pfr here is standard but it could be bigger like you say...you may be UTG...but its 4 handed.

call flop...no value in raising here...especially min raising. Rarely do that.

After he reminraises you I am too lazy to do the math but you may even have odds to catch your 2 outter, lol.

After you call the turn...you have to call the river.

KrazyMike
09-09-2007, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
pfr here is standard but it could be bigger like you say...you may be UTG...but its 4 handed.

After he reminraises you I am too lazy to do the math but you may even have odds to catch your 2 outter, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I should have called the river, but I panicked thinking that I should have folded earlier. When would the appropriate time to fold have been? I'm thinking definitely at the turn, but should I consider the flop the folding point? Or this undecidable because of my weak pfr?

whyzze
09-09-2007, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I should have called the river, but I panicked thinking that I should have folded earlier. When would the appropriate time to fold have been? I'm thinking definitely at the turn, but should I consider the flop the folding point? Or this undecidable because of my weak pfr?

[/ QUOTE ]

the pfr is somewhat weak...but the largest mistake you made in this hand was the minraise on the flop. If you make a bigger raise on the flop and he 3bets then you can fold there. As played the turn is a fold. But like I said...if you called turn you have to call river.

mookboi
09-09-2007, 05:52 AM
In your OP, you pointed out a lot of your mistakes. You minraised this PF is a major one. A8s is fine from the CO, but make it like 4xBB. On flop, I'm not feeling the minraise either. Either flat call, or raise a decent amount. I'd probably flat call and see what he does on turn, folding to most aggression. Our kicker ain't that great, and most of time we are splitting here. After he 3bet you on flop, I want to fold, but since it's such a small raise, I feel compelled to call. You aren't beating much here. You are behind a K, and if he bet-3bet, his kicker is probably better than an 8. Fold turn. If you are calling this turn, at least call river. You now have to be good only 'bout 20% of the time, and are splitting with A9 &amp; AT.