PDA

View Full Version : $5NL 6-Max, Family Pot- MidPrDK + Nut FD, lost on this turn

Wooden Ta Sheng
09-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Only real read is UTG is loose and has been involved in a lot of pots. Other than that, nothing significant on the rest. Should I be betting this turn? What's your move here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($17)
Button ($7.94)
SB ($10.08)
BB ($6.51)
UTG ($10.86)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, Button calls $0.05, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.15</font>, UTG calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, SB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.75) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.25</font>, UTG calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($2) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ?

shark_fishin
09-01-2007, 02:05 PM
raise pre-flop. as played, check for the free river card

Student Caine
09-01-2007, 02:55 PM
I have to imagine that at 5NL if we are going to bet this then it would need to be for value as we have zero fold equity into 3 players with an Ace and two separate flush draws out there.

So the question becomes, are we ahead and can we bet for value? With three other players out there I just don't see this being worth betting. With the was that players at this level play with Aces (meaning one of these turkeys has one) I think I just check here.

GRUNCH:
Preflop: I raise this here. You have a good holding and you should be able to outplay the 5NL crowd postflop.

Flop: You are getting 5:1 to call with a backdoor nut flush draw (let's call it 1 out) and 5 additional outs. So if we assume all of our outs are clean, then we would say that we need 7:1 to call. That means that if we hit, we have to be able to extract another .50 in money from the 2 players left, which should not be an issue. Based upon this I call.

I think that any type of raise here other than a shove is pointless as it bloats the pot when your holding is really not *that* strong.

Turn: Check, as noted above.

River: Hit your flush and stack the other 3 players who are playing their Ax's to the death.