PDA

View Full Version : 25nl AJ flop air c-bet minraise

vixticator
09-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Do I have any FE here? Kind of readless, no HUD. UTG is very loose, not sure if aggro or passive really. He has a little more than $5 behind. Spew?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $27.60
BB: $21.20
UTG: $10.25
MP: $25.00
CO: $31.75
BTN: $24.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BB calls $0.75, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($3) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $26.60</font>

BombayBadboy
09-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Readless this is complete spew.

vixticator
09-01-2007, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Readless this is complete spew.

[/ QUOTE ]HUDless I should say, playing just two tables and watching. He's in about every pot.

shark_fishin
09-01-2007, 02:03 PM
fold to mini raise

DaycareInferno
09-01-2007, 02:08 PM
trying to bluff a loose shortstack who's raised the flop on a low uncoordinated board seems really dumb to me. what worse time is there to bluff?

vixticator
09-01-2007, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what worse time is there to bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]Different table, readless. Is this a better or worse spot?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $31.55
Hero (BB): $27.95
UTG: $11.20
CO: $32.80
BTN: $13.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.85) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, UTG folds

Turn: ($2.35) K/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25

River: ($4.85) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $25.70</font>

amplify
09-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Marginally better.

flameboy
09-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Better than the original hand, but still a total spew IMHO.
What are you representing? A flush draw with a 3 that backed into a straight or a slow-played monster are the only hands that makes sense, and both would probably have valuebet rather than raised that much.

I'd stick to spots where you can represent hands that make sense. For example a king high flush draw that hits top pair on the turn and bets or raises and then follows through on the river.
Representing hands is much easier in raised pots though.

vixticator
09-01-2007, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Better than the original hand, but still a total spew IMHO.
What are you representing? A flush draw with a 3 that backed into a straight or a slow-played monster are the only hands that makes sense, and both would probably have valuebet rather than raised that much.

[/ QUOTE ]In that second one just something like 39+, I do probably value bet river here with it though they don't know this yet (he actually flopped a straight there, lol).

The first hand I thought there was a reasonable chance my hand was still best, he had Q3 iirc with no diamond. Didn't have him flagged as station yet.

Both of these I only really do against short stacks, sometimes against big ones but less. Does first hand look better with like AcKd? Or, AcJd. I thought UTG was really wide here, a deuce was plausible but figured he would wait until turn with it. So I figured most probably was a flush draw, some kind of three, straight draw, possibly just overs or small pair. And maybe he thinks I have a big hand which I usually do here and folds, but no reads on that yet.

DaycareInferno
09-01-2007, 03:35 PM
why would you want to bluff more against shortstacks? they're always going to get their money in lighter, because there's no fear of getting in too deep as the hand moves along.

vixticator
09-01-2007, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why would you want to bluff more against shortstacks? they're always going to get their money in lighter, because there's no fear of getting in too deep as the hand moves along.

[/ QUOTE ]I suppose this is a pretty big leak, I doubt it gives me enough action from big stacks who think I am a donk. That does play a role, the shorter the more I gamble with them. Bad habit I need to break it seems.