PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - Botched TT on paired flop.

Gospy
09-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $16.65
BB: $6.40
Hero (UTG): $10.35
CO: $10.50
BTN: $10.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, BB folds

Flop: ($1.15) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BTN calls $0.75, SB folds

Turn: ($2.65) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($2.65) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.80</font>, Hero calls $1.40

Pot Size: $8.25 ($0.80 Rake)

Villain was running like 56/10. I basically couldn't put him on a hand here, the few hands before he'd just call seemingly with atc. I don't like the river minraise, but I was perplexed as to what he could have. Is the river a check/call or check/fold? I know I botched this which is why I need advice. Thanks guys.

RichAM
09-01-2007, 04:09 AM
a check/call on the river seems like it is fine

now i dont know if you went for this but a blocking bet on the river looks nice that way you can see it for cheap and it can also be a value bet

when he minraises you here you can easily let it go b/c he is telling you he has an A or Boat

Side Question: When he minraises here, what do u beat?

Spanky1974
09-01-2007, 04:16 AM
I like bet/fold against a complete fish. Check/call against a player that will bluff the river a lot. Check/fold against someone with no aggression.

Gospy
09-01-2007, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a check/call on the river seems like it is fine

now i dont know if you went for this but a blocking bet on the river looks nice that way you can see it for cheap and it can also be a value bet

when he minraises you here you can easily let it go b/c he is telling you he has an A or Boat

Side Question: When he minraises here, what do u beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, you're right. My play was pretty much a blocker cause I wanted to go to showdown and if I'm good I might as well get a little value out of it. And, as far as the side question goes, I see that now that I don't beat many possible hands, which is why I figured I botched this hand, it just surprised me at sd.

Also, spanky, thanks for that, that makes perfect sense to me.

DaycareInferno
09-01-2007, 04:23 AM
i also think the line you took wasn't bad if you had folded to the minraise. at least you get some value out of lower pairs or whatever.