PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - 6 max - Suited 3 gapper

Ryba
09-01-2007, 02:32 AM
I get myself into a little trouble here hehe, so unto the hand... I'm running about 23/19/3, villain is decent maybe 2p2 running like 35/25/3, his utg range is pretty wide so the reason for the raise, shorties cold call could mean anything really.

Question really is do we call flop, if we do and is there any reason to betting this turn now?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $20.65
BB: $14.50
UTG: $94.60
MP: $60.85
CO: $62.25
Hero (BTN): $84.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $5.50, UTG calls $4.25

Flop: ($18.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $8.50</font>, UTG calls $8.50, Hero calls $8.50 ?

Turn: ($43.75) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players - 1 All-In)
UTG checks, Hero ?

ShipitFMA
09-01-2007, 02:40 AM
very easy check, why do you want to fold out a guy who can pay you off if you hit your hand, its not as though you're good atm. Check here every time

Lego05
09-01-2007, 02:41 AM
Fold pre-flop is standard.

Call on flop looks fine.

I like checking behind on turn.

whyzze
09-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Check behind. Raising flop is bad too because you still need to make your hand to win the pot so FE is pointless. Try and make your hand .

wingchunflush
09-01-2007, 03:13 AM
just remember if you hadn't played this hand you would be asking this questions. No reason to be involved in this hand.
as played there is no reason to bet the turn, dry side pot = no point in betting. You have to know your behind in this hand without hitting your flush.

nukewell
09-01-2007, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
very easy check, why do you want to fold out a guy who can pay you off if you hit your hand, its not as though you're good atm. Check here every time

[/ QUOTE ]

Kasane
09-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Okay, now I love the rr with suited connectors -- on occasion, but this is not the right one to do it with and stack are a bit awkward as well. He might be kinda laggy, but he's going to call or rr you something like the cream of his 25pfr range. He's UTG, that cuts it down initially. You're both deep, so it's not like he'll fold any pp for another 4.25.

Your position is the only thing that makes it marginal, but you know that. I'd much rather do this with one or two gappers at most. It's not that it has that much more value, but it has enough; and as to frequency, I'm still not doing this often enough to make stretching it to 3gappers meaningful. If you're playing 1 table or live, that's a different matter.

Easy check behind on a super sweet turn; thank your lucky stars UTG checked. Protected pot and you've got a good draw. What's betting the turn going to get you? A fold from UTG? so what? Even a bluff by BB is probably ahead of you and you win... zippo unless you hit. And if you hit the river, you're likely to make more from a value bet if UTG bets or calls.