PDA

View Full Version : true or false...

jerryf1914
09-01-2007, 01:52 AM
if you aren't going to bet enough to make calling with a draw unprofitable you shouldn't bet at all

vixticator
09-01-2007, 01:56 AM
What are you talking about? Even if you could see their cards and knew they had a draw, minbetting is better than giving a free card. DUCY?

Lego05
09-01-2007, 02:02 AM
False.

kerk
09-01-2007, 02:05 AM
why do a select few people just post one word answers in stratagy forums?

How is that helpful?

They may be easy questions for you to answer and seem straight forward to explain, but for some people they are genuinely good questions that we would like to see answers.

Waingro
09-01-2007, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you aren't going to bet enough to make calling with a draw unprofitable you shouldn't bet at all

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should ask those wacky fixed limit guys why they bother to bet at all. Inquiring minds want to know.

Lego05
09-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Say pot is $5 and you have TPTK and someone else has a flush draw. So you have ~66% equity and they have ~33%.

Do you think it is better to bet $1 (which is obviously less than you should bet) or do you think it is better to bet nothing in this situation where you are a 2 to 1 favorite and you know they will call?

tarheeljks
09-01-2007, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why do a select few people just post one word answers in stratagy forums?

How is that helpful?

They may be easy questions for you to answer and seem straight forward to explain, but for some people they are genuinely good questions that we would like to see answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

just revisit the concept of pot odds to understand why this question doesn't need to be asked in a strat forum.

edit: i see your point, but the answer to this question is very obvious and i have a feeling that this is a veiled beat post

orange
09-01-2007, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
False.

[/ QUOTE ]

kerk
09-01-2007, 02:20 AM
i agree. i think it is a trivial question.
but it is a strat forum and it is micro stakes.

Of any place in the whole of 2 + 2 to ask this question. this would be the place to do it?

Even a one liner or a link to a pot odds thread would be sufficient.

For most people someone saying. Fold, or Shove these do not answer any questions that the OP will ask.

Not trying to cause problems fwiw.

nukewell
09-01-2007, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so bet enough