PDA

View Full Version : 33 hits set in 3bet pot, semideep stacked

08-31-2007, 06:13 PM
villain is good lagtag 26/23/4, 2+2. Action has been normal so far. Line check please

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($57.55)
Hero ($81.40)
Button ($97.65)
SB ($54.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $6.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

Flop: ($13.75) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($13.75) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8.8</font>, Button calls $8.80.

River: ($31.35) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $82.35</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $59.35

BTW: My stats at the table 21/15/2. I probably had a very tight image, since I just checked/called down KK vs a uebernit who showed down AA.

Waingro
08-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Wow you got owned good and proper. The only thing I could add is donīt set mine oop against this guy. Like in fold pf.

nexah3
08-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Tough fold.

I might have bet the flop, the rest looks good.

jackrich00
08-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Ye i think i would have lead out and hoped for a raise so you could push. I wouldnt have made the call PF but apart from that ye looks fine, i think you have to fold but very tough spot

mookboi
08-31-2007, 06:32 PM
I donk flop. Going for CR is ok in this spot, but I much prefer the donk-3bet line. He's not gonna fold if he got AA-KK, AQ, AsKs. He might even think yer just pulling a move on him and float with like AK or JJ to see what happens on turn.

I donk sets a lot.

Bad river. :[

wingchunflush
08-31-2007, 06:39 PM
I lead the flop and hope i get raised.

Waingro
08-31-2007, 06:39 PM
I check this flop too, unfortunately you were up against a player who knew when to take his free card. I donīt think the answer is to start donking every flop, but avoid playing oop against this guy.

shoxbb6
08-31-2007, 06:40 PM
fold pf, i snapcall this river after you bet that small

08-31-2007, 06:41 PM
I think preflop is standart this deep.

Sense1ess
08-31-2007, 08:51 PM
I have to echo the sentiment that you should lead the flop here.

scallop
08-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Deffo call pf vs this guy.

I think if you pot river, you fold if he raises - this looks like nut flush lookin for snap call vs flush/ random 4.

KCrow
08-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Easy call pf.......you're both deep and you've got an easy hand to fold if you don't hit. You got exactly the flop you wanted. Bet it out and hope for a raise. Get you're chips in while you're very likely to be ahead.

08-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Looking at his stats, I really had no reason to believe that he wouldn`t not CBet this flop. So I thought I check/call flop and lead turn for 1/2 pot.

I want to give him a chance to bet AK, AQs hands here. If I come out betting those hands will most likely fold and I loose value.

wooziephantom
09-01-2007, 12:06 AM
A discussion on calling pf is stupid imo, easy call playing deep... Don't mind the line at all, and I also think its a fold on the river even tho u've underepresented ur hand all the way, even with a weak bet on the river...

orig!naL
09-01-2007, 12:58 AM
lead out on the flop strong. Whats the point of checking anyway? If you check the flop and raise the turn (which you are going to have to if you plan on building a nice pot) you are going to make your hand so transparent.

Lead flop, Lead turn - both strong. Call a flop or turn shove.

AZplaya
09-01-2007, 01:20 AM
man with how much weakness you've shown I'd have a tough time getting away on the river

kaz2107
09-01-2007, 02:23 AM
the preflop argument is a decent one here. i think it is close either way but being oop makes this ghey so my typical line is to just dump it preflop a lot of the time because playing in 3 bet pots oop is ubber tough even with a hand that is hit or miss. (note how much easier this hand would have been if we were in position.)

now the rest of the hand is gross. i deff check this flop ALL day. i think u r burning money if u dont. i bet he cbets this flop like 85+%. a check is deffinatly better then a bet. why let him get away from his hands that missed. and there are a lot of those given his preflop 3 betting range.

turn is standard. river is gross. i really think a fold is best altho i think if u made a bigger river bet then it would make ur fold easier. but i still cant see him doing this with n e hand we beat. we r getting AWFULL odds and on this board no way he shoves with 2pair or w/e. he either has a straight, flush, or complete air. i have a hard time believing that he has air 40+% of the time tho. i think u have to sigh and muck.

Brian O'Nolan
09-01-2007, 03:04 AM
Think flop is goot, but after that pot the turn. If you're gonna bet the river plz bet more like 25 otherwise I like a c/call most rivers, river card is pretty super for villain to bluff. If he's really a good 26/23 I suggest a table change.

Jago
09-01-2007, 03:07 AM
I think we have to discount the chance he has a flush here, people with AFs of 4 bets that flop all day everyday.

And people who donks this flop are result oriented

nukewell
09-01-2007, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
man with how much weakness you've shown I'd have a tough time getting away on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, so obv u hated the river. c/c instead or bet a bit more

netstorm
09-01-2007, 05:10 AM
I was at the table when this hand happened. I think you played it perfect, except for your river sizing bet. Is this supposed to be either a blocking or a value bet? I could see him checking behind AcKc on the flop, and calling river, fearing a set. I didnt have enough stats on him to see if you could be 3betting air, with stuff like 54s.

Bet around $22 on the river, fold to a push.

sharky01
09-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Does anyone like a check/call on this river? I mean your hand is so under represented that it could make villain think he has the best hand and value bet worse, such as AQ, JJ, KK etc. I think we beat a wider range of hands if you check/call rather than bet/call or bet/fold. The river is such a rubbish card but imo your hand still has massive showdown value and I would definitely call a psb on this river. I'm not saying I would always check/call but I think you could make an argument for it even though its pretty unorthodox.

09-01-2007, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was at the table when this hand happened. I think you played it perfect, except for your river sizing bet. Is this supposed to be either a blocking or a value bet? I could see him checking behind AcKc on the flop, and calling river, fearing a set. I didnt have enough stats on him to see if you could be 3betting air, with stuff like 54s.

Bet around $22 on the river, fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I know river bet was terrible. I must admit it was kind of a blocking bet, but that was stupid in that spot.

captain-planet
09-01-2007, 08:00 AM
pf fine

on flop i like the check but only with the intention of c/r-ing (assuming you think he takes AQ+ to war on this flop).

on river, whether you b-f or c-c imo has a lot to do with the table dynamic. a decent amount of time your bet is just fine, but it sounds like vs this villain c-c is slightly better.

Sweir
09-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Everyone saying lead this flop is just being results orientated, pretty standard check. As played its pretty hard to say what do to on the river because you bet so small and if he is decent then it really looks like you are going for a thin vb and will probably fold to a shove, obv he isn't value shoving worse.