PDA

View Full Version : Overpair facing Limp/RR from Loose player

skates
08-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $53.30
BB: $47.50
UTG: $41.85
MP: $54.40
Hero (CO): $78.35
BTN: $61.75

Reads: <font color="blue">Loose/Spewy. Lots of PF limping.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $8.25</font>, Hero calls $5.75

Flop: ($17.25) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $17.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $34.50</font>

Is this a fold preflop? What about on the flop? Villain has been limping and raising alot of pots. I call preflop figuring his range is wayyyy too wide to find a fold, perfectly willing to play the pot IP, though aware that the limp/RR UTG is AA/KK often. I'm starting to think that PF Shoving&gt;&gt;folding&gt;&gt;calling here, since I'm out given a CBet on even low flops.

However, Villain bets the pot on the flop, which was uncharacteristic of him and is generally weird. Most people that play AA/KK/QQ this way do a regular CBet on the flop, or sometimes underbet it. I figure he's representing something he doesn't have, so I shove for value from AT or AJ+. Thoughts?

Milky
08-31-2007, 05:55 PM
If he's doing this l/rr a lot I definitely think pushing PF is best. As played I think it's fine. I think you see AK-AJ here a lot or maybe even a smaller pp (like 99, 88, 66). I just don't think AA-QQ or a set play this way.

nexah3
08-31-2007, 05:58 PM
Would he raise you PF with AT/AJ? I don't think so.

Milky
08-31-2007, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would he raise you PF with AT/AJ? I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

He very well may judging by OP's description of villain.

skates
08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
I've got the same logic as you here Milky, I should have shoved PF. Given the call, the shove still seems right.

nexah3, why couldn't the villain raise PF with AT/AJ? Moreover, given that he bet the pot on the flop, do we think that his range contains more A/x than QQ/KK/AA?

FWIW, Villain calls, turns over A8o (completely missed the flop), and my jacks hold... but I'm not sure if I just got lucky or if this was actually right. Honestly, I didn't see A8o as part of his range.