PDA

View Full Version : NL50: in which I play a weak tight passive chicken (TP2K)

Smilin'
08-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Villain is new to the table but seemed loose and aggressive postflop (over a tiny sample). We hadn't had any confrontations until now.

This is me trying out a non-standard line for pot control with a good-but-not-great hand. I don't think it worked out very well at all. All comments appreciated, but I'm specifically wondering about how the following alternative lines stack up compared to the line I took:

1) My "standard" line would be to bet say $5.50 on the flop, and (given turn card) probably check/call one normal size bet (on either turn or river) but not two (i.e., fold to a big river bet after calling a turn bet).

2) Given my flop check, Villain's bet looks weak. Should I just c/r to end the hand there (and probably check/fold if called)?

3) Given my check/call on the flop and Villain's weak turn bet, I'm thinking I've underrepped my hand and I should just call down. Anyone like a check/call on all streets?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $49.50
CO: $18.20
Button: $74.90
SB: $45.95
Hero: $49.25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($14, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $7.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($29, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $20</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $20 returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: $29

Sense1ess
08-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Villain is loose? There are both straight and flush draws on the flop; I just can't give him a chance at a free card. I don't think you get tricky here, you c-bet.

nexah3
08-31-2007, 04:38 PM
With a flush draw on the flop you really can't check it to him.

Your standard line would have done much better.

whyzze
08-31-2007, 04:50 PM
you cant do this and then fold river.

If you take this line you have to bet the river or at least c/c against an opponent you have pegged as agressive postflop.

You clearly have little to no read so just play ABC poker.