PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - 9To hits a gutshot

bober2
08-31-2007, 03:20 AM
How should this be bet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($38.65)
SB ($15.25)
BB ($31.50)
UTG ($4)
Hero ($25.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1</font>, BB calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($4) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2.25</font>, Hero calls $2.25, Button folds, SB folds.

River: ($8.50) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $22</font>, BB calls $18.

Final Pot: $52.50

Lego05
08-31-2007, 03:26 AM
Why are you open-limping....that's pretty bad.

I'd fold turn.

River's good I guess although there is a pretty decent chance he's got a full house.

Ze_Gnome
08-31-2007, 04:56 AM
Maybe....... Fold preflop....... fold turn too nooo ????
Sorry but I call that a fishy hit.

Lego05
08-31-2007, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What you are saying is slightly unclear and a bit hard to understand.

Ze_Gnome
08-31-2007, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying T9o is a fold pf especially in early position; and the worst way to play it is open-limping with it.
And a gutshot is sometimes a raise, very rarely a call, and many times a fold.

Lego05
08-31-2007, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying T9o is a fold pf especially in early position; and the worst way to play it is open-limping with it.
And a gutshot is sometimes a raise, very rarely a call, and many times a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok agreed then. Except I'll sometimes raise T9o on the button as a steal.

Seikeau
08-31-2007, 06:11 AM
Okay, you are in the cutoff with 9To, why would you ever want to limp here? To hit a straight(draw) in an unraised pot wich is not likely going to be big? Then SB raises and you call. If you are willing to play a raised pot with this garbage, then raise it yourself! Add some fold equity!

On the flop you hit nothing, everyone checks around and the turns brings you a gutshot. Someone bets 1/2 pot and you call, with 4 outs to a straight while there could be a fullhouse out there already. Do you really think this is a profitable play?

River play is okay I think because your call on the turn suggests you don't think anyone has a fullhouse and you have to get paid off obv.

munkey
08-31-2007, 06:24 AM
Don't open limp preflop -OOP mediocre drawing hand, IP mulitway fine to limp along. If you raised then fine.

I fold turn too gutshot on paired flush draw flop -6outs max and no FE as we called.

As played you hit so shove if he's calling 18 hel call an AI, if he has a boat then you should have folded earlier.

you beat Kt-, AK/AA QJ in his liekly calling an AI shove.
BB checked the flop and gets raise happy -&gt; river so I think AK/boat/AA is quite likely.

ShipitFMA
08-31-2007, 09:24 AM
This is so bad, DONT OPEN LIMP EVER, calling that turn raise is absolute spew. fold this [censored] preflop, oh and i seriously think you should drop down in levels and work out leaks in your game

gcaash
08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
fold PF , as played fold turn

monkeymaps
08-31-2007, 10:22 AM
standard

youngKR
08-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Fold at every stage of this hand.

After the turn there is no possible hand that you are beating. You may even be drawing dead to the river. Many fish will check made trips even with FD showing. Fold pre flop as everyone hammered already but fold the turn, this is a huge huge spew.