PDA

View Full Version : completing the sb

sivadom
08-31-2007, 02:02 AM
I feel kinda lost about when to complete the sb when there are limpers. My method is pretty sloppy and looking through pokertracker I find myself acting inconsistently in very similar spots. Any rules of thumb here? My typical game is $2nl or $5nl. Thanks in advance

Micro Donk
08-31-2007, 02:04 AM
i like completing suited (sometimes unsuited) connectors, suited aces and kings, rarely a suited queen...or some random suited low cards like 63 from time to time.

might be too wide, my VPIP in the SB is near 40%...but i raise most times it folds to me there, so that will do it...

DaycareInferno
08-31-2007, 02:08 AM
i've gotten to the point where i now throw almost everything away. its so hard to get paid when first to act, that unless something is clearly a +, i'd rather just pay more attention to other tables instead of clicking on the check/fold 3 times.

Micro Donk
08-31-2007, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i've gotten to the point where i now throw almost everything away. its so hard to get paid when first to act, that unless something is clearly a +, i'd rather just pay more attention to other tables instead of clicking on the check/fold 3 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

"fold to any bet" ftw

orange
08-31-2007, 02:24 AM
given a normal table/100bb stacks of all limpers/etc:

with one limper, my limping range usually includes:
Axs/Kxs/lower pps/scs/suited one gappers like J9s/sometimes connectors like T9o/sometimes stuff like Axo.

with more limpers, i obviously add more hands into my range, like 45o/Q8s/stuff like that.

remember that NL is a positional game and that playing very carefullly OOP is generally a good strategy. tightening up in the SB is fairly optimal imo.