PDA

View Full Version : NL25 AK- awkward turn spot

youngmachetes
08-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $27.75
Hero (BB): $26.60
UTG: $15.80
BTN: $51.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.00, UTG folds

Flop: ($2.75) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00

Turn: ($6.75) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.00</font>

i didn't 3b pf as this villain only calls with better. what's my turn line?

CmnDwnWrkn
08-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Raise turn, call a shove. Turn raise is for value - you will get called by a lot of weaker holdings

lsaw2
08-30-2007, 06:35 PM
You post no reads yet he only calls with better???

RR pf if not, raise flop shove turn, as played with flop call, either call turn and call a river bet on a horrible river, raise 2c etc for value; all the information we have is that they open raised an utg limper?? AKs is well ahead of this range.

jmgambler
08-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I think having not raised PF, which I am not a huge fan of with unmade hands, (yea yea to everyone who says RR)You have to raise this flop, as played I would make it $15 to go on the turn &amp; Call a Push

youngmachetes
08-30-2007, 06:52 PM
to lsaw2, [censored] you and your condescending [censored]. he will only call 3bets w/ QQ/KK/AA and will 4bet me some of the time. therefore, i like the coldcall. raising the flop only makes him fold worse and call with better i think. i don't really know, but thats how i felt at the time. i ended up shoving turn because stack size were kindof awkward for raise/call.

Lego05
08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Reraise pre-flop. If he will only call 3bets with QQ/KK/AA then reraise him every time he raises.

As played raise flop. Edit: I'd say just call flop if it were less drawy.

As played raise turn.

youngmachetes
08-30-2007, 07:00 PM
okay, i agree w/ rr pf. my logic was backwards. honestly though, what worse hands am i getting action from when i raise the flop?

Lego05
08-30-2007, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
okay, i agree w/ rr pf. my logic was backwards. honestly though, what worse hands am i getting action from when i raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

JT/AJ//AT maybe/diamonds...it's just so drawy.

You definitely need to raise the turn the way you played it. Just sucks if he had JT. (Also QQ,KK,AA sucks too.)

canavarr
08-30-2007, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to lsaw2, [censored] you and your condescending [censored]. he will only call 3bets w/ QQ/KK/AA and will 4bet me some of the time. therefore, i like the coldcall. raising the flop only makes him fold worse and call with better i think. i don't really know, but thats how i felt at the time. i ended up shoving turn because stack size were kindof awkward for raise/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

pre-flop i have seen people call 3bet with any pocket pair, some high aces AQ, AK, hell even J9s (donks). so you are mistaken by that assumption.
flop: I can see a lot of hands (both drawing and/or made hands) that you beat calling your flop raise. you have to charge against the gazillion draws, and weaker aces...

youngmachetes
08-30-2007, 07:06 PM
i posted already that i shoved turn becuase stack sizes were awkward for raise/call. also i think a shove look bluffier. he called with 99. i think i played the hand well other than pf, as villain was kinda nitty and would prob. fold AJ/AT, and all flush draws other than ones that i'm behind.

youngmachetes
08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
the 3bet read wasn't an assumption, it was villain specific. i didn't mean that people only call 3bets w/ QQ-AA as a genereal rule. the opposite is true, actually.