PDA

View Full Version : Help for PLHE, a few questions, answer as many as you can. TY!

TilTandWiN
08-30-2007, 03:40 PM
I play a live PLHE game where blinds are $2/$2, but max buy-in is only $100 (this is done to force action). I have several problems with this game and was wondering if the kind people on 2+2 could help me out.

The first is “what is the optimal strategy for 50BBs?”, the game is 9 – 10 handed, and people are pretty fishy, as in you will get paid with a big hand if you wait enough, it is just frustrating (as I’m used to 12 tabling 50NL online – so seeing ~800 – 1000 hands per hr, instead of 20).

My pre flop strategy also needs working on. The game is very weak pre flop, as in every one will limp and a few will call any raise pre flop (unless it is huge). This weak play infects my game and I find myself limping from UTG with 7 8 off trying to see a cheap flop. What is the best way for me to exploit this sort of situation with 50BB? and 150BB?

Should I just be playing TAG with 50BB and loosen up when I get deeper?

Here is a situation in which I am unsure if my play is +EV; I’m in late position and there is a straddle running, I look down to see 5 6 suited, 4 players have limped, so the pot is $24, should I fold, call($4) or raise with $100?

Thanks for any help at all.

TilT.