PDA

View Full Version : QQ on a paired board

KCrow
08-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Villain is down on my pt stats as 26/20/3 over a small sample.

I've not seen him do anything out the ordinary, his donk bet on the flop confused me. I wasn't sure whether to raise him.

I obviously I can only fold or push to this bet. What's the most +EV line to take.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $49.50
BB: $50.00
UTG: $34.50
CO: $66.65
Hero (BTN): $60.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $4.50

Flop: ($13.75) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $8.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00

Turn: ($29.75) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $29.75</font>, [i]Hero.............

scallop
08-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Fold.

Hes the pfr, so a King is in his range. So is a flush, and most players dont double barrell these kinda boards.

Go_BroKe
08-30-2007, 11:06 AM
I fold this one. I don't think, he double bluffs TT,JJ here. He may donked his K or his FD on the flop, which makes it a very easy laydown.

Yaboy
08-30-2007, 11:50 AM
villian's range is probably AJ suited plus, 99+. I would re-pop the flop bet to about half the pot size. this gives you the opportunity to see if your way ahead or way behind. If villain is on a draw he'll call or let go of the hand. If he shoves you know your beat, and you can let go of the hand.

I would fold to the turn bet. villain probably made his draw or hit trips

orig!naL
08-30-2007, 11:56 AM
easy fold.

I really think his lead out on the flop screams AK. I guess some other possibilities are AA and possibly KQ. Either way, it makes it such a clear fold on the river

KCrow
08-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I folded on the turn and felt pretty happy about it. I did seriously consider raising the flop. I think there was a reasonable chance that the donk bet was a lower pocket pair or flush draw.

Anyone else think raising the flop is a good idea in this situation?

Forgot to mention is just calling the flop bad here?

orig!naL
08-30-2007, 01:06 PM
The only way I would raise this flop is vs the worst poker player in history. In fact, vs a decent player, I think it's fine to fold to the flop bet, unless you are 100% committed to calling a turn bet when it doesn't complete the flush.

When a villain leads out at this flop, I can pretty easily take him off of 77-QQ. Given that, we beat nothing but a flush draw. When the turn hits, completes the flush, pairs the board, and adds a 2nd over card to our pair, its an easy fold.