PDA

View Full Version : AhKh slowplayed into oblivion?

starkwired
08-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Against unknown...

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $48.50
BB: $52.45
UTG: $42.90
MP: $29.00
Hero (CO): $58.25
BTN: $34.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $3.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($9.50) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($9.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

River: ($21.50) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero...

I made a bet here, thinking I could get value from KJ/KQ/AQ. Anyone check behind? Also interested in play on flop and turn. Too passive? Since he flatted me preflop, I was looking to extract a bluff. Thanks.

ama0330
08-30-2007, 09:15 AM
I would bet the flop and bet the river, IMO you are well ahead of his range.

scallop
If you are going to check the flop (which I hate) then I would raise the turn. But I would deffinately bet the river.

Go_BroKe
bet flop $7, turn push

stack off in reraised pots w/ TPTK

as played, river is such an easy value bet

starkwired
08-30-2007, 09:18 AM
You guys don't think he ever has QT/set here? The thing about the river is that if I bet and get raised I'm pot committed and I've suddenly put in a lot of chips and may be behind. I agree that I should have bet the flop and raised the turn.

Snafu'd
08-30-2007, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys don't think he ever has QT/set here? The thing about the river is that if I bet and get raised I'm pot committed and I've suddenly put in a lot of chips and may be behind. I agree that I should have bet the flop and raised the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course he can have QT or a set here. He can also have a multitude of other hands that would be strong enough to call a river bet that you are ahead of. That is what you need to consider.

scallop
08-30-2007, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He CHECKED the river. Bet.

wslee00
08-30-2007, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly what did villain do in this hand that makes you think he has QT or a set here?

traz
08-30-2007, 10:08 AM
A set will almost never check twice like this

starkwired
08-30-2007, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A set will almost never check twice like this

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought too until the hands were flipped up. I bet the river and called a 1/2 bet size instashove expecting to lose. Maybe I could have gotten away from it had I bet the flop and been raised, but I doubt it.

CmnDwnWrkn
08-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Not betting this flop is a mistake. You need to bet and extract value from weaker made hands and from pocket pairs that your opponent has a tough time letting go of (like TT). Against an unknown, there is no reason to believe that he will try to bluff you.

In general, slowplaying one pair hands (even TPTK) is a bad idea. There are so many ways that an opponent can catch up to you and make a hand that beats yours. Just bet out the flop and if he folds you pick up a decent reraised pot anyway.