PDA

View Full Version : AK sb 50nl

littleeddy
08-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Villian is 29/18 over 40 hands. Haven't seen anything from him.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $60.25
BB: $37.95
UTG: $23.20
MP: $149.30
CO: $163.25
BTN: $51.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $2.50

Flop: ($7) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $10.00</font>, Hero??

i ask because I've had the luck of a dead goat for the past month.

littleeddy
08-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Nothing...?

Jzo19
08-29-2007, 10:48 PM
push..

mookboi
08-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Is he really aggro post flop? Depending on stats other than VPIP/PFR, I can make a case for folding or 3betting. Usual line is 3bet. He could be doing this with flush draw, KQ, AJ, set, or 2 pair. Against unknown, I think we are ahead here often enough.

danny8
08-29-2007, 10:51 PM
i cant see anything a 29/18 can have that beats you except 22, im sure he'd raise kk/jj, prolly kq and KJ too. im not a huge fan of getting it in with tptk like this... but i htink his range is weighted more towards draws, weak made hands and air

i dunno if i prefer shoving over his 3bet or calling and getting it get it in on a blank turn (either c/rai or donk)

geekylucas
08-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Villain is fairly aggressive pre-flop (admittedly over a small sample size). Without any further reads on her I suspect she would have raised on the button with hands that are currently beating you:

AA, KK, JJ, KJ, 22.

I would not rule out 22 or KJ just yet however.

So... I think I'm putting villian on a draw of some kind, or possibly a weaker K or a Jx type of hand. Since you have not commented on your own image I'm assuming you're TAG and you CBet frequently. This min-raise feels like she's caught the flop in a weak way and is playing back at your CBet. Perhaps because of your strong raise from the blinds she thinks you raised with an Ace and missed the flop.

I think we're at the point now when we need to decide whether or not we're going to commit a large portion of our stack to this hand.

Even though my current read is that we are ahead I don't feel like that our edge is big enough to overcome playing the rest of this hand out of position.

With a better sample size on our opponent I would put in a strong re-raise against her if she was aggro post flop. (You didn't post her post-flop-aggression stat - this would've helped a bit more in forming a read)

All we have is top pair and pressure from someone who's unknown so I think I'm ditching the hand and looking for a better place to get my chips in. The ratio of our stack size to the pot size also makes this decision difficult. If all I had was a pot-sized bet left in my stack I'd probably just shove.

littleeddy
08-30-2007, 06:38 PM
I shoved flop and lost to set of dueces. Yay!

wslee00
08-30-2007, 06:41 PM
guys - stop posting results! you're killing discussion here. the rule of thumb is that you should never post results unless someone asks.