PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - First orbit with QQ and get raised on the flop - Best line?

DawnToDusk
08-29-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm MP and the vill in question is the CO. This is actually the 2nd orbit so no reads or anything of the likes.

Relevant information: Effective stacks $48.75
Hero holds: Qs <font color="red">Qh</font>

Preflop action: UTG folds, Hero raises to $2, MP calls, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds,

Flop: <font color="red">7d 3d Th</font> Pot size:$4.55
Hero bets $4.50, CO raises to $18.25, Hero ?.

Are you B/3B AI here or just calling and CRAI on the turn regardless of what hits? I just ask these simple questions because I am kind of dumbfounded sometimes when I don't know a lot about my opponents and am faced with a big bet from behind me when I hold a fairly strong hand.

richjoyce
08-29-2007, 07:34 PM
I think I might push here. I think the options are either fold or push, if you call that he might start getting a little worried. I would put him on AT, KT, JJ, (maybe even QQ!), or a Ax Kx diamond draw. If he has TT (or 77 or 33) I would think he would just call your PSB and raise you on the turn. I think he's putting you on two face cards that didn't pair and is raising what he thinks is a c-bet to get you to fold.

Now that I talk it out, I think most of the time I would push him all in here. I don't think his range of hands really include anything that beats you.

ryang
08-29-2007, 07:40 PM
shove, all day

Jzo19
08-29-2007, 07:42 PM
in my experience this is either a combo draw or a set ...so im probably stacking off because of all the possible draws on the brd ...

Daniel LeClaire
08-29-2007, 08:38 PM
This is a situation I've been thinking about lately. What is worse when facing an unknown. 1)Possibly stacking off without knowing how tight/loose player is? Or 2)Missing the opportunity to win a big stack? This hand is a good example of that problem.

mookboi
08-29-2007, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shove, all day

[/ QUOTE ]

Lego05
08-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Shove it.