PDA

View Full Version : FullTilt vs. UB

gutte169
02-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Moving $600 to clear a bonus, looking for recommendations. I see that they have about the same clearing rate (8tabling 1-2) I've heard that at FT you can get rakeback on top of the bonus. Is this true? If so, any other differences I should know about? Thanks in advance...

grouchie
02-28-2006, 05:03 PM
You can also get RB on top of the bonus at UB.
If you are currently 8 Tabling you should probably play both places at the same time.

I know UB you can request more tables (they usually up you to 4). I don't know how many tables you can play at FT though.

I'd be intersted in hearing how the games are there myself as After this whole Party Acceler-8-tor promo I want to deposit and work my way up to getting one of those jerseys

suited aces
02-28-2006, 05:09 PM
I just finished clearing the deposit bonus on Full Tilt and, although it isn't the best site ever, I liked it well enough to hang out a bit longer to clear the 50% reload up to $300. I'm a limit player, and the game selection isn't all that I would hope for. During weeknights, 2-4 up to 5-10 typically has mayber 3 full and 3-5 6-max games at each level. Usually I can find a couple tables worth playing, but it's certainly no Party Poker. Not sure about no-limit (as I don't play), but I hear table selection is better.

I've never played on Ultimate Bet, but I think I might hit it up next and am interested in what others have to say.

As to r-back + bonus, I got both. I'm fairly certain that they deduct the bonus from your MGR though. Finally, one observation that I have made is that there are a lot of slow-players on Full Tilt. Not a reason to avoid playing there, but playing the aggressive 2+2 style can cause some problems with all the sandbagging that seems to go on at the lower limits on Full Tilt.

gutte169
02-28-2006, 05:25 PM
I guess that leads to a follow-up question. How many tables can I play at each place? I will most likely continue playing at PS while playing at either one, but it would be nice to have the ability to 8table at FT or UB if I wanted. I guess I 'assumed' that "you can request more tables" meant you could up it to 6 or even 8. But 4 isn't really worth it. Anyone else reading this know how many tables they will allow you to play upon request?

MakesCents
02-28-2006, 05:28 PM
UB normally has its limit at 3 but i emailed the CS and they upped it to 4. Not sure if they will up it even higher (didnt ask).

bambi
02-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Ub u get get up to 6 tables, full tilt 8 tables, do not do these bonuses without rakeback, they are terrible alone, but with rakeback are pretty decent

morphd
02-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Full Tilt deducts everything from MGR including Neteller fees, tourney overlays, etc. I've heard UB deducts 25% of cleared bonus but I'm not positive. UB's software is significantly faster but I enjoy playing at Full Tilt sometimes.

car ramrod
02-28-2006, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
full tilt 8 tables

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to ask to be able to play more than 4 tables at Full Tilt, I think you can just email them.

DeepCroak
02-28-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm a $.50/$1 full limit player. FT seems to clear at about 1BB/100, UB seems to clear about 2BB/100. I did a bit of FT 1/2 (and got crushed - so haven't tried UB 1/2), and it seemed to clear about 1BB/100 at 1/2 as well. FT releases every 10% or $20 (whichever is less), UB releases every $1 (or maybe even less?). PokerTracker support for UB is a bit goofier than FT, though not as bad as Paradise (where you have to email to get HHs). Neither has a whole lot of tables weeknights, though UB seems to have a few more - neither is close to Party on that score. UB bonii last forever, FT bonii expire after 60 days (reload) or 120 days (initial signup).

As others have said - get RB.

FWIW, YMMV, yada yada yada.

orentha
02-28-2006, 06:50 PM
UB doesn't subtract bonuses from MGR.
that's what my affiliate told me.

and I think UB is 10x better than FullTilt

2easy
02-28-2006, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UB doesn't subtract bonuses from MGR.
that's what my affiliate told me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ub does subtract 25% of cleared bonus from rake.

sorry, but your affiliate is not quite right on this one.

HSB
02-28-2006, 10:33 PM
UB bonus doesn't expire, FullTilt does.

orentha
03-01-2006, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ub does subtract 25% of cleared bonus from rake.

sorry, but your affiliate is not quite right on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to re-email them to double check

metsandfinsfan
03-01-2006, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

As to r-back + bonus, I got both. I'm fairly certain that they deduct the bonus from your MGR though. Finally, one observation that I have made is that there are a lot of slow-players on Full Tilt. Not a reason to avoid playing there, but playing the aggressive 2+2 style can cause some problems with all the sandbagging that seems to go on at the lower limits on Full Tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full tilt not only deducts bonus from MGR, they deduct deposit and cashout fees as well .... only rb site i know of that does that

orentha
03-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Ok. my affillate just got back to me and assured me that bonuses are NOT deducted from my rake.
He said that other affiliate systems are not like that and tha'ts why some people have 25% deducted.

The_Bankroll
03-01-2006, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok. my affillate just got back to me and assured me that bonuses are NOT deducted from my rake.
He said that other affiliate systems are not like that and tha'ts why some people have 25% deducted.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you talking about UB or FT? and who is your affiliate? I might want to sign up through them if I can have my bonuses not deducted from MGR

car ramrod
03-01-2006, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume this is for UB, anyone know about FT, is it just a %, I always thought it was like 25%, but now I am not sure.

orentha
03-01-2006, 05:12 PM
my affiliate is Rakerebate.net
and just to be sure, you should email them yourself, to make sure, but they have told me that twice

2easy
03-01-2006, 08:46 PM
then thomas is the only one in captivity with that deal for ub.