PDA

View Full Version : 50NL Standard position where pf raiser checks ace high flop oop

StubbornRussian
08-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Villain is 21/18/4 over 400 hands. He is a very solid tough regular. My experience with him shows that he is extremely tough in position. He will cold call and force you to put in a substantial amount of your stack to take a pot from him oop. But I have position here!

This is pretty much my standard line in these positions against aggressive solid opponents as I rarely have a bluffy image and I am probably a little too passive against cbets. This opponent probably has this read on me.

Is this a spewy line? I put this guy solidly on Kings or possibly Queens. The Queen on the turn scares me but I made the decision on the flop that I am firing three streets unless a king comes. Is this spew? Against a player more apt to give up on a missed flop I would only be firing two streets and checking the river.

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $36.40
BB: $30.50
UTG: $113.10
Hero (MP): $51.10
CO: $24.30
BTN: $68.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75, 4 folds

Flop: ($4.25) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.25</font>, UTG calls $3.25

Turn: ($10.75) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.50</font>, UTG calls $8.50

River: ($27.75) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>

Pot Size: $47.75

bluffbetter
08-29-2007, 04:59 PM
This is bad against an UTG raiser, because he likely raises alot tighter from here than he does in late position.

whyzze
08-29-2007, 05:03 PM
I need to know your image/stats for preflop before I can comment here.

StubbornRussian
08-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Villain sees me something like 17/14/3. He has played quite a few hands with me and hasnt seen me put a lot of money into the pot without a hand. If anything he sees me as a nit and has seen me bet and give up once called several times.

AZplaya
08-29-2007, 05:16 PM
not sure about this one, you really think he calls a near psb on the turn then folds when the river blanks?

whyzze
08-29-2007, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain sees me something like 17/14/3. He has played quite a few hands with me and hasnt seen me put a lot of money into the pot without a hand. If anything he sees me as a nit and has seen me bet and give up once called several times.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would 3bet most hands you would take such an aggressive line with pf right...therefore I dont really like this...you will get looked up by KK/JJ every now and then because you line is air/set/AQ.

Hail Eris
08-29-2007, 05:32 PM
A good reg can show up with AK/AQ here.

StubbornRussian
08-29-2007, 05:41 PM
I dont know if he knows it or not but I would not 3bet AJ, AQ or AK in this position since he opened utg. I just dont see many agressive players have AK here and not cbet unless they are trying to trap somebody who is positionally laggy. The question here is how often somebody calls three streets with KK against somebody with a clean image. Against this guy I am starting to think the play is possibly spew since villain does no give up easily. I felt like on the flop I would have to fire three streets to make him fold KK, QQ, and possibly even JJ. If villain was a little more passive and I felt like two streets could fold a high pair would firing a checked flop and turn be a good plan to take.

StubbornRussian
08-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Also, how would you all play a middle pocket here?

wingchunflush
08-29-2007, 05:43 PM
this is spew plain and simple

Hail Eris
08-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Honestly, he's probably calling here often. AK/AQ are definitely discounted because of PF and he knows what his hand looks like to you. Also, if you normally c/c A high flops with an underpair as PFR, you have to frequently take the same line with AK/AQ to avoid playing your hand face up in this spot, especially against other regs.