PDA

View Full Version : J9s river flush - standard value bet?

AZplaya
08-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Villian is a fairly donkish passive - figure he would call a vb on river with any pocket pair he called down with - river minraise says "I has a 6" imo. Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $15.80
BB: $43.60
UTG: $47.50
MP: $67.75
CO: $17.90
Hero (BTN): $53.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BB calls $3.00

Turn: ($9.75) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($9.75) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $15.00</font>, Hero ???

CmnDwnWrkn
08-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Preflop, flop, and turn are all good. River I think I would check/call for pot control and to induce a possible bluff. I don't really like a value bet on a board like this. I don't think most opponents are calling with anything that you beat. This is a very scary board, and I don't think you're getting a call from pocket sevens.

CyberianBull
08-29-2007, 03:24 PM
^^^^

Agree -- c/c river

Peter Harris
08-29-2007, 03:26 PM
how can you c/c the river????????? youre in position. argh

i would just check behind because when you get c/r it sucks hard and even idiots will have a hard time calling that doublepaired flushing river bet with just ace high.

CmnDwnWrkn
08-29-2007, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i would just check behind because when you get c/r it sucks hard and even idiots will have a hard time calling that doublepaired flushing river bet with just ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you're right. Just check behind lol

CyberianBull
08-29-2007, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. that's what I meant. check behind /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ama0330
08-29-2007, 03:40 PM
This is way too thin for my liking and I like checking behind a lot better. You are asking villain to make a colossal mistake in calling this bet and he has to be a special type of moran to do so with the double house AND flush on the board.

As played its a pretty easy fold