PDA

View Full Version : Facing a pf raise from TAG

emKay
08-29-2007, 02:48 PM
50NL
$50 stacks

MP is 23/17 TAG, other players are unknown

Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP opens to $2, Hero folds/calls/raises?

What about AQo?
What about KQs?

mattnxtc
08-29-2007, 02:56 PM
This really varies pretty greatly, but I will vary up my play here sometimes calling sometimes raising and even sometimes folding.

It really depends on more factors than you provided.

emKay
08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
I know that it depends. There is no history between us. At least give your standard play wiht these 3 hands or, when you think my question was too general, say which other factors you consider.

orig!naL
08-29-2007, 03:28 PM
If i haven't been over active at the table in the last 2 orbits I'm 3-betting all of those hands about 70% of the time, and calling the other 30%

If i have been active at the table I will call a lot more and shut down on the flop unless it gets juicy for me.

edit: If there is more than 1 caller, I really prefer a call with the KQs. AJ I will begin to toss more with multiple callers, and if I have been playing really tight I will 3-bet AQo with 2 callers.. 3 callers and I'm usually tossing it based on my image.

This makes my post flop play so easy. If I get any action on the flop (and I haven't hit hard) it's a very easy lay down.

Kasane
08-29-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't think I ever fold it. If that's a mistake, it's a tiny, tiny mistake as mistakes go.

No history with villain, I flat call with position. If there's been a bit of history, I might 3bet sometimes.

AQ off is about the same, with a much higher 3bet frequency (it doesn't play as well post flop as a suited hand).

Have to have been significant tussling for me to 3bet KQs. This is a call for me with position. However, it's only semi-recently that I think this has been profitable for me. Postflop skills are essential (I know we think we all had them, I thought I had 'em, now I know I didn't have 'em) to play this one on the positive side. Folding it isn't that bad to a tight raiser.

mookboi
08-29-2007, 04:41 PM
AJs raise
AQ raise
KQs raise call or fold depending on blinds players & outside temperature

danny8
08-29-2007, 04:44 PM
against a 23/17 i 3bet all of them... against a 14/10 type player i generally just fold all of em if he raises utg or mp

suited77
08-29-2007, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AJs raise
AQ raise
KQs raise call or fold depending on blinds players & if im distracted looking at mookboi's avatar

[/ QUOTE ]

whyzze
08-29-2007, 04:45 PM
I raise all 3...only time I would ever call is with KQ on the button.

AZplaya
08-29-2007, 04:59 PM
depends on if you feel your advantage against this type of players is in a 3 bet pot or a smaller pot. If you are good at playing in reraised pots then obv 3 bet is much more profitable than just calling.