PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - Fold turned flush?

mookboi
08-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $32.90
BB: $79.40
UTG: $41.95
CO: $60.25
Hero (BTN): $49.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($2.50) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.50</font>, CO calls $1.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $5.00, CO calls $5.00

Turn: ($22) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">CO bets $10.00</font>, Hero?

CO bets turn 30% time... .6 turn aggro factor over 130 hands. And that's highest aggro % than any other street. So basically this guy doesn't bet without a good hand. Other than that, he's a drooler, playing like 48/10 or something. Not worried about UTG, he's just a weak station. Do I trust my read?

whyzze
08-29-2007, 11:48 AM
you limped preflop to make this hand and now you are going to fold? you got what you wanted. Call him down.

wslee00
08-29-2007, 12:55 PM
tough situation, i honestly don't know

btw - i'd fold pf.

CyberianBull
08-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I fold pre... But as played I call him down. I have noticed lately that very few players, especially a 40/10 type will bet a made flush on the turn -- they usually check made flush on turn --&gt; pot river. So I think you might be ahead here.

pkrPlayerBr
08-29-2007, 01:54 PM
fold pf. Against these type of players I like to be the aggressor and value bet a lot. Wait for a better spot.

c/c as played.

AZplaya
08-29-2007, 02:04 PM
wow I can't believe all the "fold pf" advice...nothing wrong with limping a baby sc here imo, I've won some of my biggest pots in situations like this.

if your gonna raise the flop I would make it bigger, in a multi-way spot like this all your raise did was sweeten the pot. I usually bomb it for about $10 - $12 here. As played this is a gross spot, bet size + action makes me think villian def hit the flush, but I would have a hard time getting away.

AZplaya
08-29-2007, 02:06 PM
fwiw I think pf is raise &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; limp &gt;&gt;&gt; fold

mookboi
08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
I disagree with folding PF. Both players were fish, and on button, I limp almost any two here. Either way, I called down, he bet 20 on river, I call, he showed higher flush. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Guess I should really go with that "trust your reads" advice everyone always gives.

dmoney
08-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Raise PF, You have position on 2 limpers and no reason to believe they have any kind of big hand. +BTN RULES

ajmargarine
08-29-2007, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw I think pf is raise &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; limp &gt;&gt;&gt; fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a "weak station" limp and a "drooler" limp, a pfr is so bad.

fold &gt; limp &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; raise IMO.

eastern motors
08-29-2007, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a raise against these types of players because 80% of the time you will isolate one of them and they will fold to a c-bet.

I like limping AXs so all the idiots can play 84s and stack off with their lower flushes but I pretty much don't limp with anything else.

wslee00
08-29-2007, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nothing wrong with limping a baby sc here imo, I've won some of my biggest pots in situations like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
How low will you go though? 45s is the lowest i'll play. 23s i'll muck from all positions.

yapee
08-29-2007, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We cannot put much trust in two-pair hands made w/ 23 and making 2p is quite some part of our value w/ the SC.

mookboi
08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
I can't believe I generated so much discussion with my preflop call.

Like I said, with 2 fish (40+ VPIP), I'm calling a very very wide range of hands there, as well as isolating with any AXs, any suited connector 76s and above, down to like A9o, QTo. As far as limping goes, if I'm not busy on any other tables and feeling particularly bored, I might limp here with something like 65o. Limping with 32s wasn't my issue. It was the flush. The consensus was to call down, which is what I did in hand. I still think I should have folded, and will next time.