PDA

View Full Version : NL 50 KK

xeanatic
08-29-2007, 05:24 AM
Villian is 70/2/1

What do i do here I was confused

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $77.45
BB: $50.00
UTG: $50.00
MP: $65.90
CO: $67.70
BTN: $70.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, BB folds, CO calls $2.00

Flop: ($5.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $65.20</font>, Hero ?

Pot Size: $75.20 ($0.70 Rake)

mvdgaag
08-29-2007, 05:32 AM
I'm so jealous, the last 20 posts i read were against 70/something villains! Where do you find these /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fold... He might be an idiot, but even an idiot catches a hand now and then. They just don't understand how to get value out of it.
If you call this you'd make his idiotic strategy work.

If you see him do this more often I start looking him up, because some idiots like to pull huge bluffs or think TPnK is the nuts. That's not too bad, because they will win some small pots and then go broke when you have a hand worth calling with. For now, let's give him that couple of bucks and wait to find out if he is capable of making bluffs like this... fold.

for the rest of you: start telling me this is an easy call now against a villain with these stats /images/graemlins/wink.gif

EvanJC
08-29-2007, 05:33 AM
nobody does this w/the nuts (ie a set or the actual nuts). a read would be helpfull but i'm not too sad about getting it all in here.

xeanatic
08-29-2007, 05:34 AM
they somehow seem to find me /images/graemlins/wink.gif no on stars there are a lot of these players.

xeanatic
08-29-2007, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nobody does this w/the nuts (ie a set or the actual nuts). a read would be helpfull but i'm not too sad about getting it all in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only read I have is that he has a agression of 0 on the flop and 5 on the river. He has made some river bluffs but never saw him do this before.

mvdgaag
08-29-2007, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen it happen quite often... Some idiot flops the nuts, makes a rediculous bet that screams FOLD... Someone calls, probably thinking that this cannot be for value and gets stacked badly with just one pair. It seems the idiot didn't know that other people also think and got paid off for his stupidity.

EvanJC
08-29-2007, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen it happen quite often... Some idiot flops the nuts, makes a rediculous bet that screams FOLD... Someone calls, probably thinking that this cannot be for value and gets stacked badly with just one pair. It seems the idiot didn't know that other people also think and got paid off for his stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes. the other 902394032% of the time this is qj.

mvdgaag
08-29-2007, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they somehow seem to find me /images/graemlins/wink.gif no on stars there are a lot of these players.

[/ QUOTE ]

good stuff!

mvdgaag
08-29-2007, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes. the other 902394032% of the time this is qj.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case I'm valueshoving top set more often /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EvanJC
08-29-2007, 05:49 AM
fwiw this action would worry me more from a player w/taggy stats than a monkey like this villian.

mvdgaag
08-29-2007, 05:59 AM
I understand.... Monkey around to get my stats all screwed and then go for the big one after /images/graemlins/wink.gif. That's what gus does on a more sophisticated level, isn't it?

Chomp
08-29-2007, 09:36 AM
I'll bet you that doing a Stove on this would show that it is ~50/50 WITHOUT including draws. In other words, it is ~50/50 against a range of {sets, TP and 2p}. Throw in 9T/TJ type hands and that improves. Add in dead money and this is probably close.

(BTW, I could be totally wrong on this, but that's my gut feeling).

monkeymaps
08-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I agree those saying EZ fold or EZ call think its somewhere closer to marginal in either direction and close to 50/50 if you get it in. I would need a pretty strong read that this guy is over aggro to make this a call IMO

Peter Harris
08-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Pete say fold in review, Pete say fold now.