PDA

View Full Version : NL50 87s flops second pair in position. Plan for the hand.

JROK777
08-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $59.60
CO: $43.40
Hero: $51.10
SB: $103.05
BB: $95.70

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, SB calls, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7.25, 3 players)
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ???

I have been cbetting in this situation. I am wondering if it is better to check the flop here. If villian bets the turn, hero calls 1 street. There are a lot of turn cards that give hero a draw/ or better scare cards. I used to think cbetting was standard here. Is this in fact the best line?

bknollenberg
08-29-2007, 01:03 AM
What do you know about the other players (ie. what they've been calling raises with, VP$IP, etc)? Do they lead out on top pair? What are their c/r %'s? If they are playing pretty straightforward, I'd c-bet it. If you've found they're c/ring a lot, c/cing on draws (but only with draws, not top pair or second pair), and such, then that effects your plan.

My plan would be to cbet, and likely take it down there. If you get one caller (two is highly unlikely), you're looking most likely at J10-KJ, 910s, 67s, 99, 77, and maybe a few other hands (again, this is speculative based on reads). If they check the turn, no matter what it is and they haven't been c/ring I'd fire again, and check the river down if possible unless you improve. So much of this is dependent on reads, so everything I said is more or less useless.

Blahhhhh.

11t
08-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Versus weak tight opponents I would bet 4.5, but if I have any form of table image I would lean to checking on the turn since aggression breeds calling stations.

WillisChan87
08-29-2007, 04:08 AM
You could just change it up a little. You coudl always just check and reeval on turn, if he checks again you can bet turn.