PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - River spot vs. a tilter

whyzze
08-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Villian is 37/14/.68...I hadn't seen him get out of line but he was calling everything, I know he has taken a few beats at the table, I set over setted him about an orbit ago. I cant think of anything I beat that does this.

I guess I shoulda bet a lil more on the turn too.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $48.55
BB: $53.00
Hero (UTG): $146.60
MP: $49.50
CO: $53.00
BTN: $108.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($5.75) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, BTN calls $4.00, SB calls $4.00

Turn: ($17.75) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, BTN calls $12.00, SB calls $12.00

River: ($53.75) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $30.80</font>, hero??

whyzze
08-28-2007, 06:18 PM
PS...I folded, and even if I thought I was ahead having BTN behind makes me want to puke. I am more interested in what you guys think SB's range is.

Nick C
08-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Crap. I guess it could be KQ or KJ, but I sure am expecting to see QJ if I call (two pair is possible too, but QJ really is the obvious hand).

Despite the reasons Villain has to be on tilt, I think I'd trust those AF stats and fold unless I'd seen actual evidence of impulsive big bets from Villain. And it sounds like you haven't, although I agree that insistent calling from a 37/14 guy does indicate a form of tilt of its own.

Tough spot. I mean, you are getting nearly 3:1, so I certainly don't hate a call or anything. I think it's close.

Nick C
08-28-2007, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS...I folded, and even if I thought I was ahead having BTN behind makes me want to puke. I am more interested in what you guys think SB's range is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I somehow missed that Button was still in the hand. FWIW, I think that makes the fold easier -- partly because you'd think that SB would be at least a little less likely to make a frustration push into two players and partly because calling and then having Button push behind you would suck (although I think folding to that push would be easy enough).

SuperSnort
08-28-2007, 06:54 PM
i think i would have to fold here. looks a lot like he was drawing to qj or had a big hand like (in his eyes) like two pair or maybe trips and thinks you will pay him off. many amateurs/beginners bet big like this on river when drawing and have hit thinking that they will get called i highly doubt that he is bluffing here he may even have k10/k with other pair and therefore bets like this as he has just hit just like he would with qj. also how quick did he do this, under 3 secs very quick bet implies he has hit and didnt think about his bet, but just wanted to get it in quick as he had it

shark_fishin
08-28-2007, 07:27 PM
tbh it looks like JQ, he called due to the odds he was getting with BTN calling.
but tbh, last time someone took this passive line on me, on a much more draw heavy board with me having AK, pair of aces, he showed down trip 10s to my amazement so who knows. tbh i really dont think he calls down here 3way with AK or a stone cold bluff, unless hes really mentally retarded. its either the straight or a set.

bored
08-28-2007, 11:01 PM
I'd fold this. SB likes his hand and BTN could have been slowplaying a monster. Either one of these guys could have outdrawn you on the river.

SB could have T9; a slowplayed set; QJ or a rivered two pair.

He could also have been frustration shoving one pair but I don't think that makes up much of his range.

There aren't many busted draws for him to call down and then donkbluff on the river, so I think most of the time you are crushed here.

traz
08-28-2007, 11:45 PM
You're way behind, fold

ajrees
08-28-2007, 11:46 PM
* Raise to $2 PF
* Bet the flop harder with two callers. I would bet about $5 here

I think at least one of those guys is on a draw or a top pair so we may still be ahead on the turn. If you are going to bet the turn then I think $13-$14 is better (anyone agree?)

River card is horrible so I would fold the river