PDA

View Full Version : When the draws come in.... not for you though

bravos1
08-28-2007, 02:18 PM
I've been having some issues with hands like these..

Assume 100BB stacks and villians are run-of-the-mill average. A bit loose, a pit passive, but not total idiots

Hero has A/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP

Folded to hero who makes it 4x to go.
CO and BTN both call, binds fold

Pot ~13.5BBs
flop is Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero leads for 13BBs and both call.

I'm thinking at this point that they may both have some type of draw and it would be pretty bad for one of them to slowplay a set on a flop this coordinated.

Turn is 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif and pot is ~53BBs
Hero does what?
What if I was in position (really hate giving a free card?)

Nick C
08-28-2007, 05:42 PM
The problem is, that's a turn card from hell and you have to risk so much to deny a free card that I simply don't think it's worth the bother.

Distasteful though it is, I would check, probably folding to any substantial bet.

I do think it's one of those spots, though, where you don't have any good options. Betting and then folding feels wrong, betting and calling feels like a spew, and checking feels like giving up.

Alobar
08-28-2007, 06:24 PM
I check and fold to a bet, any bet big enough to protect your hand commits your stack. This is one of those spots where it feels horrible to give a free card but I really can't see it being worth it to try and protect here.

tho im watching all these hands and reading posts and people are constantly saying to check fold good hands in spots I just cant fathom, now heres one that I think isnt that hard a fold, so im sure the right play isnt check/fold, or that if I was in the table id check fold and get shown AQ and TT /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Surf
08-29-2007, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is, that's a turn card from hell and you have to risk so much to deny a free card that I simply don't think it's worth the bother.

Distasteful though it is, I would check, probably folding to any substantial bet.

I do think it's one of those spots, though, where you don't have any good options. Betting and then folding feels wrong, betting and calling feels like a spew, and checking feels like giving up.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

WarhammerIIC
08-29-2007, 09:21 AM
One of the rare situations you have to let AA go. Just look at it as winning 83 BBs.