PDA

View Full Version : AKo Btn

bung
08-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $5.40
BB: $25.16
UTG: $29.52
MP: $20.67
CO: $21.09
Hero (BTN): $31.76

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.00, MP folds

Flop: ($2.85) J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.85) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25

River: ($5.35) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.00</font>, Hero...?

Are you calling here? We're usually beat here even w/tptk aren't we?

Lego05
08-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Bet the flop.

As played I'd probably call.

Milky
08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I'd bet flop unless you know he never folds to cbets. What kind of reads do you have on this player?

whyzze
08-28-2007, 01:49 PM
I dont bet this flop...but I raise the turn.

Lego05
08-28-2007, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you bet the flop. So standard IMO.

shark_fishin
08-28-2007, 01:52 PM
c-bet flop, otherwise call both streets

whyzze
08-28-2007, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop is definately in his rane and is drawy and I would like to see a turn card. we have 4 clean outs...keep the pot small in case the turn helps our hand.

bung
08-28-2007, 01:56 PM
he's 37/19/2, but only over 30-40 hands at the time, so I didn't really mention it. Reads I have none. But I figured this board hits a lot of ranges that cold-call oop.....

bung
08-28-2007, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop is definately in his rane and is drawy and I would like to see a turn card. we have 4 clean outs...keep the pot small in case the turn helps our hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He shoves AJ, KT, 99, AQ.......do you raise fold??

orange
08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
i would bet the flop alot. alot of his range is stuff like pps/scs/etc. plus with position you can control pot size/etc. checking isn't horrible, but i'd rather check with something like 44 here.

anyhoo, turn is fine i guess given the way we got there. i usually pay off river but not sure how good we are.

Lego05
08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not even that drawy. The only non-gutshot draw is a T. And yes it's in his range but he won't neccessarily call with a 9 or even a J and pairs lower than 9 as well as AK are also in his range.

Plus half the outs we can catch we'd want the pot to be big for, not small.

Any stats or reads on this guy. If he's TAGish especially his range is mostly low to midpairs, suited connectors and AK so a c-bet is even more standard.

In my opinion c-bet here is standard against just about everyone though.

Lego05
08-28-2007, 02:01 PM
BTW I hate your idea to raise the turn as played.

bung
08-28-2007, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would bet the flop alot. alot of his range is stuff like pps/scs/etc. plus with position you can control pot size/etc. checking isn't horrible, but i'd rather check with something like 44 here.

anyhoo, turn is fine i guess given the way we got there. i usually pay off river but not sure how good we are.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough. c-bet makes sense. not sure we can call river here though.....we're usually behind his range here i think.

whyzze
08-28-2007, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not want the pot to be big if an A or K come on the turn...thats ridiculous.

There is a ton of value in raising the turn and it should get us a cheap showdown.

Lego05
08-28-2007, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not want the pot to be big if an A or K come on the turn...thats ridiculous.

There is a ton of value in raising the turn and it should get us a cheap showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 A/K'S; 4 T's; nearly half of them you'd want it to be big.

And I think there's more value in calling turn and extracting a bit on river.

dnord
08-28-2007, 02:15 PM
I of course c-bet flop.

And a turn raise does seem like lost money, but the information we'll get from him will make the river decision so much easier. If you'd stick in $4 on the end (crying call) you might as well stick the $4 on the turn, maybe elicit a river check (so you can check behind), and at least know a little bit more about where you might stand.

But I don't call that river bet, so I don't raise the turn, so I'm probably calling the turn bet with the intention of folding to a river bet if nothing remarkable comes.

Lego05
08-28-2007, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you'd stick in $4 on the end (crying call) you might as well stick the $4 on the turn, maybe elicit a river check (so you can check behind), and at least know a little bit more about where you might stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

By doing that you narrow his range. If you raise turn he folds a certain percntage of hands in the lower part of his range and continues witht he rest. If you just call he still has everything in his range. So you are better against his river range by just calling turn. He may then bet river or check. If he bets he could be beting a wider range than what he woulda called with on turn. If he checks you can valuebet and he'll probably call at least a little wider than he would have called the turn raise with.

bung
08-28-2007, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By doing that you narrow his range. If you raise turn he folds a certain percntage of hands in the lower part of his range and continues witht he rest. If you just call he still has everything in his range. So you are better against his river range by just calling turn. He may then bet river or check. If he bets he could be beting a wider range than what he woulda called with on turn. If he checks you can valuebet and he'll probably call at least a little wider than he would have called the turn raise with.

[/ QUOTE ]

sick post