PDA

View Full Version : Should i have just folded this on the flop?

jlauzon
08-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Not too sure about this hand. Should i have folded preflop? Folded to his huge bet ont he flop? Raised? I put him on a flopped set but i kept calling. I think i should have just folded. Any thoughts?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $13.75
BB: $6.60
Hero (UTG): $13.26
BTN: $5.03

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.20</font>, BTN calls $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.62) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.60</font>, Hero calls $0.60, BTN folds

Turn: ($1.82) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.80</font>, Hero calls $0.80

River: ($3.42) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.05</font>, Hero calls $1.05

Pot Size: $5.52 ($0.25 Rake)

BB had K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (two pair, Kings and Tens) and WON (+$2.62)
Hero had K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and LOST (-$2.65)

BevillTheDevil
08-27-2007, 11:55 PM
dont post results next time. But id raise flop and go from there. Villian bettin multiway OOP is somewhat scary but given how drawy the board is and how bad ppl are at 5NL i raise here for value and protection. As played turn and river look fine given how passive you have look the entire hand.

btw if your read that villian has a set then you should fold this 100% of the time but IMO thats WAAAYYY too narrow a range to probably give this villian (but of course im not the 1 w/ the read)

JROK777
08-28-2007, 02:52 AM
I'd call his flop bet. I'd raise that small turn bet, villian looks scared/drawing. I wouldn't put any more $ in after that.

tmcdmck
08-28-2007, 09:53 AM
I would recommend playing way less passively on the flop; passive playing is bound to leave you lost.

But the real point of my post is why do you put him on a set. Here are my reasons why you should have been confident he DID NOT have a set:
1)action pre suggests he did not have KK
2)turned 6 would mean he would have the case 6s. not impossible, but rare.
3)at this level of play most people slowplays sets on the flop
4)The river bet would have been bigger with a (now fullhouse) set.