PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 200BBs deep - I flop the nuts, how to extract?

eastern motors
08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Converted by PokerGeek (http://pokergeek.com/cgi-bin/handconverter/convert.cgi)
Absolute NL Hold'em Ring - 0.50/0.50
Blinds (6 handed)

Starting Stacks
Seat 1: Big blind ($101.05)
Seat 2: UTG ($42.35)
Seat 3: LP (Hero) ($101.25)
Seat 4: CO ($108.66)
Seat 5: Button ($18.35)
Seat 6: Small blind ($38)

Preflop: Hero is LP with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG raises ($1), Hero calls ($1), CO calls ($1), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Small blind raises ($3), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls ($2), Hero calls ($2), CO calls ($2)

Flop: ($12.5) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Small blind bets ($10.50), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero raises ($21), CO calls ($21), Small blind folds

Turn: ($65) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero???

SB is 33/6/1 over 88 hands
CO is 56/13/.5 over 132 hands

No other reads but they are obviously both terrible. Note that I have just over 200BBs and CO covers.

How can I stack them both? Comments on all play up to turn appreciated. I'll post my turn/river line later.

carnivalhobo
08-27-2007, 07:27 PM
raise preflop the first time ffs

if i were going to raise the flop id go bigger than this, maybe not pot, but at least 35ish.

i think id lead again here for 40, he will likely call with a heart draw and any 3, and it sets up a nice river shove.

your other option is to flat the flop and lead the turn

stickdude
08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
SB folded, so your only chance to stack him is to reach over and physically grab all of his chips.

As for CO, the pot is already $65 and you have ~$77 behind. If he has an overpair/AQ, you could shove right here and probably get called. An overbet that big would most likely push out a flush draw, though, and you definitely want a flush draw to stick around. I'd probably bet about $40 here and get the rest in on the river.

eastern motors
08-27-2007, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB folded, so your only chance to stack him is to reach over and physically grab all of his chips.

As for CO, the pot is already $65 and you have ~$77 behind. If he has an overpair/AQ, you could shove right here and probably get called. An overbet that big would most likely push out a flush draw, though, and you definitely want a flush draw to stick around. I'd probably bet about $40 here and get the rest in on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response.

What do you think of the flop min raise? I was hoping to grow the pot, keep flush draws around, and maybe induce a shove from A3s. Obviously it made the SB fold but he must have had nothing because he was getting more than 5:1 on a call.

stickdude
08-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Normally I'm not a big fan of min-raises, but since you and CO are both deep you need to start building a pot without pushing him out - a min-raise looks like a good way to do it.

The alternative - smooth-calling the flop to induce a call from CO - would also allow you to get all the money in by the river, but then I'd be more worried about a turn card killing my action. Given CO's stats, I think he'd be as likely to call a min-raise as he would a smooth-call, which would make the min-raise better.

XHitman014
08-27-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't like the min raise very much...I think it screams I have the nuts. Keep betting strong...it's the only way you're going to get his stack. Bet at least $35 on the turn probably more and if he calls, it's an easy push on the river. He's probably not smart enough to realize he's pot committed.