PDA

View Full Version : NL50 KK against nit on JJ3 flop

chris216
08-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Villain is 14/7/2.7 over 200 hands. I never know what these guys have. He is obviously very nitty, still he seems to cold call a lot preflop. Line check?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($49.55)
MP ($28.30)
CO ($15.65)
Button ($67.20)
SB ($105.60)
BB ($49.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13.5</font>, MP folds, BB calls $9.

Turn: ($33.25) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($33.25) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20.

Final Pot: $73.25

Nick C
08-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Your line has its merits. If Villain obligingly pushes the flop in response to your raise, you can get away. Also, you do put some pressure on a flush draw (although not on a street where you're a particularly big favorite versus one of those).

Meanwhile, one drawback to your line is that it lets Villain ditch worse PPs cheaply. Another is that he won't fold any better hand except possibly a sandbagged AA. A third is that you're investing money before seeing what MP wants to do (just calling does somewhat invite MP to blast you off of your hand, I'll admit, but I think on the whole you actually benefit from seeing his action before putting more money in). Also, your line isn't really such a cheap-showdown line, even when it works out sort of like one as it did here, since you're raising the approximate amount BB was likely to bet on the turn if he fired again.

On the whole, I think I like just calling the flop, but it does seem close to me.

Getting over 5:2, the river call seems fine, but I wouldn't be especially optimistic (and really I wouldn't have been once my flop raise got called by the rock).

ledders07
08-27-2007, 06:00 PM
i'm pretty sure he has a jack here all day long unfortunately

Kimo White Devil
08-27-2007, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I call that bet on river because he wont call a shove with anything worse than your hand.

ledders07
08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I call that bet on river because he wont call a shove with anything worse than your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, point taken but I'm a nit like villain and i at least have a jack if i'm in this spot

edit: i'd still call with the KK all day long though

stickdude
08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Looks like a standard "I want to see a showdown without playing for stacks" line. I'd raise more pre-flop, but other than that I probably play it about the same way.

Check_The_Nuts
08-27-2007, 06:16 PM
unless the dude's donking range is like 33 or something I don't see a problem with raises the flop. Whatever sometimes he has a FH/Quads. I don't see how you can fold to a 3bet either.

But I wouldn't have raised to 12, probably more like 9-10.

Also I think river call is too think. You beat like 88/99 and TT/77 got there. I guess you rail QQ too but man its just too thin IMO. I don't see why he would bet 88's or 99's on that river. Just a weird spot for him to bluff I think.

edit: Oh your reads postflop are kinda crappy btw. If you have a decent number of hands you should know how often he CC's OOP and how often he donk leads flop and then decide wether to raise or just call is best.