PDA

View Full Version : Set on 3 flush board. Is this standart

08-27-2007, 04:58 PM
General question

This has happened 5 times in the last 2 days. I hit a boat once. I can`t always asume villain is having a flopped flush here right ? Standart villain

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($50.85)
BB ($35.55)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($50)</font>
MP ($55.90)
CO ($77.35)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($70.75)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($10) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6.5</font>, CO folds, Button calls $6.50, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($23) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $62.25</font>, Hero calls $26.50 (All-In).

River: ($106) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $106

Milky
08-27-2007, 05:08 PM
You need to bet pot on that flop. As played I call. He may have flopped the flush but you have outs and he might just be overplaying AJ or have two pair.

mookboi
08-27-2007, 05:13 PM
charge him more to draw on flop.
But yeah, i'm goin' broke here without a read like always.

Nick C
08-27-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm thinking that once Villain ambush-pushes the turn, yeah, he's probably got the flush. But you're trapped at that point with your 10 outs, getting ~3:1, since you nearly have the odds to draw to those 10 outs and there is some chance you're just up against AdJx or 55 or occasionally even a big semibluff raise.

The problem is, prior to that turn push, Villain could so easily have the naked Ad, or 7d7c, or QcJc that I don't really see what else you can do. It's just one of those spots where his range changes dramatically on those occasions when he wakes up. (The QJo may not call again anyway, it's true, but I'm thinking you probably want to put pressure on the one-diamond hands for protection/value while you still can.)

08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
thanks for replies folks.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking that once Villain ambush-pushes the turn, yeah, he's probably got the flush. But you're trapped at that point with your 10 outs, getting ~3:1, since you nearly have the odds to draw to those 10 outs and there is some chance you're just up against AdJx or 55 or occasionally even a big semibluff raise.

The problem is, prior to that turn push, Villain could so easily have the naked Ad, or 7d7c, or QcJc that I don't really see what else you can do. It's just one of those spots where his range changes dramatically on those occasions when he wakes up. (The QJo may not call again anyway, it's true, but I'm thinking you probably want to put pressure on the one-diamond hands for protection/value while you still can.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn`t wan`t him to draw cheaply and once I got checkraised on the turn I have to stick the rest in, since I`m getting pretty good odds. Has just happened so much last days that I`m getting a bit result oriented. Needless to say, he had the flush.

stickdude
08-27-2007, 08:34 PM
If this has happened 5 times in the last 2 days, you really need to work on filling up when you flop a set. /images/graemlins/smile.gif But yeah, assuming he always has the flush here is MUBS.

KingGeedorah
08-27-2007, 10:31 PM
bet like 8 on flop.. sooo std