PDA

View Full Version : nl25 flop 2 pair oop in 3bet pot/megabad turn

DaycareInferno
08-27-2007, 04:23 AM
villain is 24/20/2 with a very high attempt to steal%. i had 3bet him once out of the blinds, but that had been about 45 minutes before this hand. i would have 3bet here with atc, other than a small pp or whatever.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $30.85
BB: $28.25
UTG: $44.00
CO: $30.70
BTN: $23.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BB folds, CO calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.25) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.55</font>, CO calls $4.55

Turn: ($16.35) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)

what's your plan here? normally i c/r if i think i have the best hand, because i'm often getting floated on this board, but the turn was not exactly what i wanted to see.

i thought about leading out for more, but i figured that most draws villain might have on a low board like this raise me. i wouldn't disagree with anyone liking a lead for $6 though.

Nick C
08-27-2007, 04:33 AM
Tough, tough spot, but I think if you bet it's because you've decided you're showing down -- especially if you think Villain is bluff-raising with any hand that just picked up a draw to go with whatever it had already.

I wouldn't actually expect to get floated on this flop much, by the way -- especially if it's been 45 minutes since you last 3-bet Villain preflop. But you've seen him play and I haven't. Nevertheless, hands like A9 and JJ are possible, so I do think there's a decent chance you're still ahead. What sucks though is that a hand like JdJc has so many outs against your hand (17.5) that you're barely even a favorite against it, and it seems likely that you're a dog to Villain's range at this point overall.

I guess this is one of those situations that went from bad (getting called preflop) to good (hitting your miracle flop) to bad again (seeing that crappy turn card).

corsakh
08-27-2007, 05:05 AM
Ye, terrible turn card. Problem is he probably does not even have a high enough diamond to call a push. But you cant give him a free card either. You have to lead for like $10 here. Hard point to extract, but whatever.. happens.