PDA

View Full Version : QQ, weird hand

joelav128
08-27-2007, 12:44 AM
UTG was playing 31.4/22.7/207 and I haven't seen him do anything crazy. MP was playing 12/6/117. Thoughts on preflop and the flop are appreciated

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($56.05)
MP ($54)
CO ($20.65)
Button ($23.80)
SB ($104.65)
Hero ($63.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $5.50, UTG calls $4.25.

Flop: ($18.25) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.5</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $50.55 (All-In)</font>, MP folds, Hero

orange
08-27-2007, 12:54 AM
you have to call once you c/r. why turn an overpair into a complete bluff if your folding here?

losingdonkey
08-27-2007, 12:57 AM
I think his range for shoving is something like JJ+, AK/AQs. I think you're behind here a lot and have to fold.

Nick C
08-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Preflop is one of those situations where all of a sudden I don't like my queens nearly as much by the time it's my action as I did when I first saw them. That UTG raise isn't that much of a concern, but the 3-bet from the rockish player in MP sure as hell is. I don't really like any of your options, but I think folding is actually a serious consideration, distasteful though it is.

On the flop, once UTG pushes, it looks to me like he was making a "clever" trappy min-bet, hoping to get raised. I probably start thinking set and fold, but, jeez, you are getting 2:1 with an overpair, so I don't think it's an easy decision or anything. But your flop checkraise does represent a good deal of strength following that preflop action, and Villain takes that as an opportunity to pounce, which doesn't seem like a good sign.

losingdonkey
08-27-2007, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you have to call once you c/r. why turn an overpair into a complete bluff if your folding here?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah definitely lead the flop

DerrtySlime
08-27-2007, 01:02 AM
why do you have to call now that you've check raised? i think its a clear fold after you check raise, but it is certainly very murky after that weak ass lead minbet.

I prefer to just check and see what UTG and mp do first, then make my decision.

joelav128
08-27-2007, 01:04 AM
what is my plan of action if i lead the flop and get raised by either player

joelav128
08-27-2007, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why do you have to call now that you've check raised? i think its a clear fold after you check raise, but it is certainly very murky after that weak ass lead minbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i did and i saw an "unconventional" minbet and call-what do you do in my spot?

Nick C
08-27-2007, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is my plan of action if i lead the flop and get raised by either player

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if UTG raises and MP folds, you plan on showing down, if UTG raises and MP doesn't fold you should probably dump your hand, and if MP raises you get the hell out no matter what UTG did.

I don't like a flop lead, though. I'd prefer to see what the action is before committing any more money. MP has me very worried.

I'll admit that there is a big drawback to checking, though, which is that if MP is going to auto/c-bet (I'm not saying he will, but he might), then you won't learn a whole lot from the flop action anyway.

members_only
08-27-2007, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He 'c/r-d' a 1/40 pot donk, which was flat called by the pre-flop raiser. How is this turning his hand into a bluff?

OP pf is debatable but I think you played the flop fine. Think it's a fold now

DerrtySlime
08-27-2007, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i did and i saw an "unconventional" minbet and call-what do you do in my spot?

[/ QUOTE ]
fold.i think this is kinda easy.

joelav128
08-27-2007, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He 'c/r-d' a 1/40 pot donk, which was flat called by the pre-flop raiser. How is this turning his hand into a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

right, by checkraising the min bet i was not turning my hand into a bluff, i was raising to try to find out where i was in the hand. i also dont think that my raise commits me to the pot

orange
08-27-2007, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
how is it not a bluff once he folds his c/r? think of the purpose of his c/r- is it for value? as a bluff?

if he folds, it was a bluff pure and simple. turn your hand into 72o or complete air and there is no difference in the manner of which he played his QQ here. and if you think the c/r was for value, then he should instacall this c/r all day.

iplayscared
08-27-2007, 11:15 PM
what was the result...