PDA

View Full Version : These suited aces confuse me.....

HoldEmNewby
08-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Villain runs at 58/14/1.32
I think I have to fire again. Question is how much? and what do i do on a river where there is no heart?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $29.52
BB: $50.00
UTG: $54.95
MP: $46.08
Hero (CO): $68.63
BTN: $52.78

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, BTN calls $2.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $2.00

Flop: ($8.25) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, BTN folds, UTG calls $6.00

Turn: ($20.25) T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero????

Josh!
08-26-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd bet again and strongly. I think he's drawing at the heart flush there and the turn was a brick, so he's trying to get a free card. I'd bet strong enough so he's getting bad odds on his call if he's drawing. If he calls that then you're in trouble and you can give it up unless he's one of those annoying people who'll call strong bets to the river on a draw and then check it at the showdown when they've missed.

LT22
08-26-2007, 10:43 PM
fire for value/protection...worse hands call

I'm checking a blank river

vixticator
08-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Go for cheap showdown. He's not folding turn very much. Good chance he raises turn or donks river. I'd rather face river bet, calling quite often, than put in huge % of stack with Ax.

Kimo White Devil
08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
bet turn, check behind river.

Villain can be chasing flush, gutshot str8, have QK, Q6 even, all those hands.

I wouldnt be surprised that you split pot on river also.

HoldEmNewby
08-26-2007, 11:01 PM
how often does he have to bluff a whiffed draw to make it worthwhile for me to check behind on the turn?

LT22
08-26-2007, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go for cheap showdown. He's not folding turn very much. Good chance he raises turn or donks river. I'd rather face river bet, calling quite often, than put in huge % of stack with Ax.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you'd rather call a river bet than protect and gain value? If he c/r turn, well then it's an easy fold. While I like inducing bluffs but any heart, J, K and it's tough for us to call on the river.

vixticator
08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so you'd rather call a river bet than protect and gain value? If he c/r turn, well then it's an easy fold. While I like inducing bluffs but any heart, J, K and it's tough for us to call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]I do against aggro players. This guy is kind of a tweener so I think either line is fine. Since c-bet, check turn, fold river is pretty standard with nothing, when I have a decent but not remarkable hand I like to induce bluffs.

Suited_Queens
08-27-2007, 12:14 AM
If your playing Axs and you hit your ace and don't feel comfortable betting then you should probably stick to raising with AT-AJ+.

PSB turn and check river.

orange
08-27-2007, 12:45 AM
if you dont know how you're handling a c/r, typically check. b/f-ing turn i guess is an option. i typically check behind and call river though.

00Snitch
08-27-2007, 01:06 AM
I tend to bet the turn on co-ordinated boards and check it on dry boards. My theory goes, there will be more hands I am ahead of that will be willing to call if the board is wet.

I'm only playing NL25 and am yet to find many people who will make big turn semi-bluff check/raises.