PDA

View Full Version : 30NL- JJ- AI PF vs maniac?

youthies
08-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Villain is 38/24/6 over 80 hands (mined), and was a maniac postflop, betting 80% of the time flop, turn and river.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.30 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($23.90)
CO ($58.20)
Button ($18.80)
SB ($27.10)
Hero ($64.60)
UTG ($80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.30, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.35</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $8.4</font>, Hero

CmnDwnWrkn
08-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, against this shortstack I think you should get it in here. From such a donkish opponent, I believe you are up against a smaller pp or AQ enough for this to be profitable. Although, something to consider is how much he has been three-betting pre-flop. If this is the first time he has 3-bet, you might want to proceed cautiously here and just call. If I have seen him 3-bet at least once preflop before, I am getting this in all day.

ICMoney
08-26-2007, 07:22 PM
This is the 200bb table right?

He's almost sure to shove any flop.
Is it bad to just auto check the flop and call a push unless flop comes down AKx?

shark_fishin
08-26-2007, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is it bad to just auto check the flop and call a push unless flop comes down AKx?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is a good alternative to not pushing pre-flop. as you have said, villain is a maniac post-flop, so he is likely to make a lot of mistakes there and over play his hand. so i dont mind either line. i think i can see him re-raising worse here with the info youv given so eitherway unless you choose second option and its a very scary flop :-\

Rounder101
08-26-2007, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is a good alternative to not pushing pre-flop. as you have said, villain is a maniac post-flop, so he is likely to make a lot of mistakes there and over play his hand. so i dont mind either line. i think i can see him re-raising worse here with the info youv given so eitherway unless you choose second option and its a very scary flop :-\

[/ QUOTE ]

I rather just shove PF. We can be practically sure he is gonna shove absolutely any flop, so if the flop comes with an ace, we might get bluffed by lower pps or even some marginal hands like KQs that lots of donks fall in love with in this situations.
If you dont like folding PF, then the only alternative is shoving.

orange
08-27-2007, 12:58 AM
given stacks and read, shove.