PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: AA facing all in on flop

digit
08-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Completely unknown villian, no reads, no stats, only 2nd hand at the table. Maybe checking the flop is wrong, but it looks dry and i imagine the best chance of getting another bet out of the villian is to check to him. As you will see my check raise gets replied to with an all in, should I have folded here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($24.75)
BB ($34.90)
UTG ($24.65)
MP ($23.65)
CO ($24.40)
Button ($35.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.

Flop: ($2.75) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $34.35</font>, Hero calls $20.50 (All-In).

Turn: ($49.75) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($49.75) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $60.60

carnivalhobo
08-25-2007, 02:58 PM
cant fold after you take this line

lead the flop

Pokerdemic
08-25-2007, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I am on a sick, sick downswing with AA, and at the moment I am tired of being stacked with an overpair. You say that he cant fold after taking this line. Why? Because it's a bluff? Why can't he fold with only $4 invested?

carnivalhobo
08-25-2007, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I am on a sick, sick downswing with AA, and at the moment I am tired of being stacked with an overpair. You say that he cant fold after taking this line. Why? Because it's a bluff? Why can't he fold with only $4 invested?

[/ QUOTE ]

get that "invested" talk out of your vocabulary.

Essentially Hero's line looks like total BS so villain can/should be shoving a huge range here.

Pokerdemic
08-25-2007, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Essentially Hero's line looks like total BS so villain can/should be shoving a huge range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

will do. I just hate AA at the moment. what percentage of the time do you think unknown villain does this with a smaller pp or air?

whyzze
08-25-2007, 03:18 PM
you cant call the shove...you took a very aggressive line and he took a more aggresive one. foooooollldddd..

bet flop for value...if he folds...he folds.

and if you are going to c/r...at least make it 4-5.

Rounder101
08-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Ithink if he has the seven of 4s full, he is gonna stack u no matter what.
I do agree on betting the flop, but if he raises, I am not folding. If I check raise the flop, and get 4b, I am not folding. His range is huge, flat call a raise from the button, he basically could have any pocket pair, 56s, or simply ace high, and he is feeling u are bluffing.
By no means I will fold rockets here.

Ribsauce
08-25-2007, 05:32 PM
How can you fold? People will do this with 9s and [censored] all the time. What can he possibly have to beat you?

I would never fold this in a million years

I'mVeryBusy
08-25-2007, 05:38 PM
I am personally leading the flop here. In your situation i am insta calling. If he called my raise with a 87s or somthing similar - so be it. I agree that a lot of people will make this move with 9's, 10's, j's,
AK, etc.

tarheeljks
08-25-2007, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

will do. I just hate AA at the moment. what percentage of the time do you think unknown villain does this with a smaller pp or air?

[/ QUOTE ]

hero's line looks completely fos, so it's reasonable for villain to turn a pp into a bluff. the only reason to c/r here is to induce a bluff b/c it looks like air.

EricDarland
08-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Bet the flop. CALL CALL CALL

MoP_86
08-25-2007, 05:42 PM
I never fold this... I do lead the flop though

digit
08-25-2007, 05:51 PM
I check raised reasoning that the flop was dry (also villian showed no strength preflop, limp/call) and the best way to get another bet was to check-raise, the general concensus seems to disagree with that play?

Also, if I'm in a pot against a pre-flop raiser and he check-raises a dry board I never think bluff, my beliefs are wrong here too?

Villian turned over Q7os at showdown

tarheeljks
08-25-2007, 06:37 PM
if you are checking to induce a bluff, why are you raising to force out said bluff?

Ricky_Bobby
08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Seems like a good spot to stackadonk.

Lead flop, call raise, crAI on turn.

ryang
08-26-2007, 02:48 AM
lead flop, call shoves.

finalboarder
08-26-2007, 04:53 AM
I'm a little bit confused here. It seems to me that when someone re-raises a check-raise all-in for that much more that they usually are not bluffing. And since he is on the button couldn't 44, 87s, A7s, and however unlikely 77? Those are my thoughts there, I'd like to get some input on why this would be otherwise.

jerryf1914
08-26-2007, 05:02 AM
thats one of the best flops possible for aa not including an A.

theres no way you lost this hand btw...

digit
08-26-2007, 01:42 PM
I certainly did lose this hand, Villian had Q7. Should I have given him credit for having a 7 or pocket 4's when he shoved after my check-raise?

Vedocorban
08-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Raise slightly more preflop, about 6-7 BBs. The 4x+1 rule applies when you have position, but you need to scale it up a notch when OOP.

Lead the flop. And yeah, I probably get it all in here, too. The board just didn't as many hands as something 89T. Expect to see smaller PPs and the occasional A4, straight draw, etc.

Richard Tanner
08-26-2007, 02:07 PM
I fold here and make a note that Villan will overbet the pot in spots where it looks like I'm bluffing. Next time he tries it, he'll either have caught lighting twice or we'll be getting his money. I don't like folding in this spot, but with only 4 in we're certainly not commited.
I'm not sure where you're playing at, but if players at this level are so good that you're constantly getting into spots where you're bluffing and rebluffing 3 and 4 bets, you should probably switch tables/sites.

Cody

carnivalhobo
08-26-2007, 02:36 PM
wtf.

4bb+1/limper is standard, bettign the flop HU as the pfr should be damn near automatic no matter what you have.

By c/r this flop you rep nothing. there is only one 7x hand in your sb raising range i bet and its 77. Getting it in here is not a mistake. FPS'ing yourself into spots where you have to think too much is stupid. Take standard lines and profit.

robinmbuk
08-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Ok a few things:

People have said flop c/r is bad, I disagree. Although I bet this flop like 90% sometimes a c/r is good to vary your play, and a dry board like this is perfect for that.

Secondly, weak bet followed by /cr followed by 3 bet shove is a very strong move from a donk. Occaisionaly villian may think hero is fos and so try to 'rebluff' him by shoving w/ air, but I doubt it. Also villian could have a hand he thinks is good like 88-JJ, but I think he just calls the c/r with those hands, but some villians may shove. All in all I fold this flop after the way it was played out.

WarhammerIIC
08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you are checking to induce a bluff, why are you raising to force out said bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

traz
08-27-2007, 11:21 AM
bet/bet/bet

Nicefingcatch
08-27-2007, 01:06 PM
I will call this all in everytime, if he has the 7 then nh.