PDA

View Full Version : $20NL JJ OOP in a 3-bet pot

Geordie
08-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Hello,

I've just gotten back in to poker after taking a break. I used to play LHE a lot and now I'm trying NL. I'm doing "OK" but keep getting lost postflop. The hand below is a good example. Any help would be much appreciated.

The opponent was running at 32/20/1.41 and WTSD of 16 over about 200 hands. I had been quite tight from lack of cards and hadn't really gotten into any pots, nevermind any with the opponent in this hand.

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

Hero ($19.96)
BB ($20.70)
UTG ($11.55)
MP ($21.98)
CO ($39.62)
Button ($30.44)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.20.
UTG calls $0.20, MP calls $0.20, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.80) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5.

Turn: ($17.80) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ... </font>

I bet the flop thinking I didn't want the AK or AQ of hearts getting a free card but then on the turn I've already put half my stack in and I feel like I'm behind after him just calling the flop.

Waingro
08-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I would push. The pot is big, you donīt have much behind so you canīt fold and villain could have all kinds of hands with plenty of outs. I think pushing the turn is the best hope you have of getting your money in good. Honestly I donīt really mind getting it in here. If you play JJ like this this is what happens with alarming frequency. If you are in a game that you donīt feel comfortable felting JJ on this board, maybe you shouldnīt rr pf. I think you played it fine if you pushed.