PDA

View Full Version : NL50 200BB AA Facing Donk Lead on Flop

pbx
08-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Villian is 26/13/inf over 50 hands.

I think this is a clear fold on the Turn. But I am curious on what range you put this guy on. I think a set is a big part of his range. I found a hand in PT where he open raised a PP and lead the flop for 1/2 PSB, much like this one. Ignore the less than PSB preflop that was just stupid.

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $61.75
BB: $56.50
UTG: $117.10
MP: $17.15
Hero (CO): $96.00
BTN: $52.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $4.50, UTG calls $3.25

Flop: ($15.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $8.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00, BB folds &lt;-- I really didnt know what to do here. Im trapped between this guy and the other cold caller who is a loose spewy donk. Tbh in retrospect im thinking a r/f line is prolly better as me and villian are both quite deep.

Turn: ($31.25) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $20.00</font> &lt;-- clear fold right ?
I can't be good here often enough.

CyberianBull
08-25-2007, 03:21 AM
- Def Raise on the flop to see where you are at -- I think a set is insta-4-betting you here.
- I am not giving him credit for the flush on the turn (I think we are only worried about a set here), and with Ad in the hole, I am calling here and re-evaluating on the river. He could easily have QQd or KKd -- i think it's in his range of UTG raise.

bsheck
08-25-2007, 03:22 AM
You're likely beat, but I think I like calling here. You have the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the nut flush draw, but more importantly you have position. I think villain will let you check down the hand a lot more often than not, and he might only have a jack (he could check down a set also). Call planning to fold if he fires on the river and get it all-in if it's a diamond (if it's the 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif you have a tough decision to make but that's the only one that pairs the board.

cooker3
08-25-2007, 04:23 AM
I would raise the flop, he can have many draws, kings and queens and AJ
I call the turn seeing as we have Ace of diamonds and evaluate on the river

eurythmech
08-25-2007, 04:40 AM
folding the turn with the Ad is criminal

UmbertoEco
08-25-2007, 06:23 AM
His range should be something like AQ,AK,22+. He has the odds pf to call with a small PP due to deep stacks. I would have probably raised him on flop.The way you played it, I d call the turn AND the river.

Remoh007
08-25-2007, 09:48 AM
What do you are doing when you raise the flop, BB folds and UTG shoves or when UTG calls the raise and shoves on the turn?