PDA

View Full Version : 2 50NL videos - Reverse-Tutorials...

toddxlogan
08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Hi All-

So I made these 2 videos specifically for a 2p2 poster who is/was doing a bit of coaching for me and wanted to see some video sessions. Unfortunately, that poster has kind of dropped off the face of the earth for a few days, and I feel like I might as well try to get some use out of these.

Please do not download these if you are looking for expert play at the level. I am merely a breakevenish player at 50NL, and a lot of the video commentary is me specifically feeling confused and asking a lot of questions to the would-be coach, which, I guess, has now become the general public. Regardless, I think a lot of the questions I am asking are questions that people struggling at 50nl/Unl in general may be asking, so these may be of some worth to some people. If they aren't - I apologize, sorry for wasting your time. But don't say I didn't warn you.

The file sizes are very large, approx. 250megs each. I go between 2 and 4 tables exclusively PS 50NL.

If you happen to take any interest, I'd love any discusssion/suggestions on specific hands, especially ones where I voice a lack of confidence in my decision. Or even any hands, in general. Would be great for me. Anyway, here they are:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PVIT7I20

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCWI6L5D

Holdem_Hussl4
08-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I'll take a look and tell you what I think.

toddxlogan
08-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Appreciated.

f1sh4d1nner
08-25-2007, 01:04 AM
downloading the first one right now

toddxlogan
08-25-2007, 04:06 AM
12 of you guys have downloaded this....

Anyone have any thoughts?

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Panic__NL
08-25-2007, 05:08 AM
downloading the first vid

Panic__NL
08-25-2007, 06:11 AM
-Bottom table, Q5s after limp, I would not raise a shortstack there, and I wonder how much equity you got.

-right hand table A4, no problem with folding there, if he limps it is an easy raise, you want to have the initiative.

-bottom table 86s CO fold?

-top right KK, call 3bet CRAI non A flop is another line and gives u more value from hands like JJ-TT. Altough you could question if he limp reraise those.

-bottom left K6o, fold, what do you expect to flop, if those cards were in anyway connected I agree, but K6o?

- topright, A2, you could fire the river, he is as scared of this flop as you are, after calling flop en checking twice he is folding a lot. Your turn analysis is good imo.

- topright, cbet met 44 is good, although the flop is drawy, but you wont win the pot if you dont bet here.

- topright 9Ks, looks perfect to me

- topleft AJo in the SB 3bet. YOu say he bets any heart there, wouldn't you bet any heart on the flop as well?

- topright QQ that is nitty, why would he lead an A there? He leads a FD way more often. Call and reevaluate turn.

- topleft J3o raise on the button, hmmmm??

- TJ same table, u say that is close? what is J3 then?

In general, you have a good idea about peoples ranges and play likewise. You look like a decent player to me.
But opening up your range in late position is good, but hands like J3o are still an easy fold imo.
Good luck at the tables, I hoped this helped you in any way!

toddxlogan
08-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Panic-

Much appreciated. When I get a chance i'll fire up the video and compare those thoughts. Thanks again.

FWIW (and i'm definitely not trying to complain at you, Panic, i should have mentioned this before...)if anyone else is going to comment on hands, it'd probably be best if you list the time into the video that I should look for.

Todd

Panic__NL
08-25-2007, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-Bottom table, Q5s after limp, I would not raise a shortstack there, and I wonder how much equity you got. 5:00

-right hand table A4, no problem with folding there, if he limps it is an easy raise, you want to have the initiative. 55:40

-bottom table 86s CO fold? 10:10

-top right KK, call 3bet CRAI non A flop is another line and gives u more value from hands like JJ-TT. Altough you could question if he limp reraise those. 18:40

-bottom left K6o, fold, what do you expect to flop, if those cards were in anyway connected I agree, but K6o? 28:20

- topright, A2, you could fire the river, he is as scared of this flop as you are, after calling flop en checking twice he is folding a lot. Your turn analysis is good imo. 28:30

- topright, cbet met 44 is good, although the flop is drawy, but you wont win the pot if you dont bet here. 32:24

- topright 9Ks, looks perfect to me 33:25

- topleft AJo in the SB 3bet. YOu say he bets any heart there, wouldn't you bet any heart on the flop as well? 41:00

- topright QQ that is nitty, why would he lead an A there? He leads a FD way more often. Call and reevaluate turn. 46:30

- topleft J3o raise on the button, hmmmm?? 50:00

- TJ same table, u say that is close? what is J3 then? 51:00

In general, you have a good idea about peoples ranges and play likewise. You look like a decent player to me.
But opening up your range in late position is good, but hands like J3o are still an easy fold imo.
Good luck at the tables, I hoped this helped you in any way!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ramana
08-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Watched the first vid and am pretty impressed by how loose you are. Can you please post your late position stats and your stats when you raise marginal hands from CO and BTN?

As far as criticism goes, I think Panic__NL did a good job.

toddxlogan
08-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Ramana-

On the wrong computer right now, I'll post those when I get back to my laptop with my db.

ICMoney
08-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Mega Upload have a delay between downloading both files.

I'll get the second one and watch it in a day or so.

Vedocorban
08-26-2007, 04:45 AM
Thought you played a solid, aggressive game for the most part. With the Q5s hand, I thought you might have been a little optimistic about your pot odds. You weren't getting -quite- 2:1 on your money, and I think you should probably be getting slightly -over- 2:1 to make that call. If you think the call is marginal when he holds some kind of middle pair, you need to allow some overlay those times he has you crushed with AA-QQ. I'd probably be looking for at least 2.5:1.

I'm too tired to go find what time the hand was, but you raised with 54o on the button, the SB popped it up to 5 and the BB cold called. I think I might have actually called there (probably incorrectly). I have a hard time getting away from those 4:1 pot odds given that I have the best absolute and relative position, and it seems like there's enough money behind to justify the $3 call. Not saying I'm right, but I'd like to hear about it if anyone disagrees.