PDA

View Full Version : 555!!! YES!!! UhOh - Facing river check raise...

hennnerz
08-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $78.10
Button: $25.65
SB: $40.30
Hero: $24.15

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $37.05</font>, Hero...?

Villain runs 40/10/1.5 over like 30hands.

f1sh4d1nner
08-24-2007, 06:44 PM
insta call river as played but I would bet turn.

MoP_86
08-24-2007, 06:45 PM
^ what he said

Ramana
08-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Well it's not an instacall, but he will do this with a lot more than just set+. Please please please bet the turn, I don't understand the check on this board. I know you can be fos sometimes, so, depending on your image, villain may think the same and easily shove lightly.

Student Caine
amg....shove it and love it...if he has QJ or 86 then it sucks, but I do not see how, absent of some sick read we are not happy to get this kind of action.

Also, bet 4-5 on the turn and hope he is holding a K. Also, betting the turn screws his odds for hitting a gutshot or bigger set on you, because even if he hits and stacks you he is still down on Sklansky bucks.

hennnerz
The reason I didn't bet the turn is that its a pretty safe board. I wanted villain to think I was bluffing/cbetting the flop, without a king and therefore he will think that by the river his holdings whatever sort of king or pair are good by the river and consequently call my PSB, to call my bluff...

Ramana
08-24-2007, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason I didn't bet the turn is that its a pretty safe board. I wanted villain to think I was bluffing/cbetting the flop, without a king and therefore he will think that by the river his holdings whatever sort of king or pair are good by the river and consequently call my PSB, to call my bluff...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too tricky. BvB situations are very loose, and you're spewing around a lot if I remember correctly, big hand=big pot, and you have to start bulding it, why win less if you can win more? Turn chk is a clear mistake.

hennnerz
08-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I just feel that hands I want to keep in the pot fold when I've shown clear strength on the flop then again on the turn...

EvanJC
08-24-2007, 07:10 PM
with the way you played the turn you absolutely have to stack off here on the river with a smile on your face. i bet the turn, though. don't over-think things.

hennnerz
08-24-2007, 07:14 PM
OK OK.

Can we put villain on some hand ranges here please?

matrix
08-24-2007, 08:08 PM
er we have a set

it's ~$14 to call

the pot is BIG and offering us VERY tasty pot odds.

we have a BIG POT HAND

snap call this every day and twice on days ending in Y.

Villain has AK KJ KT lots of the time

he has J8 very rarely, QJ sometimes, a better set very very rarely - but usually we just crushed his two pair/TPTK.

and for the love of god BET THE GODDAM TURN. We want hands like QJ to fold to a substantial bet on this turn so we can steal the pot - at the very least we want them to make an FTOP mistake by calling a bet on the turn with nothing like good enough odds.

As played if he rivered the straight WE have made the big FTOP mistake - and the more mistakes we make the less we profit (and versa vice)

You need to get the monies in when you are ahead. We are so far ahead on the turn it's not funny, but the board is dangerous there's a bunch of paint river cards that we don't want to see, he will likely pay too much to draw and if we bet the turn the times the river pairs it makes geting even more monies in on the river easier for all the times he has a bad TP hand and won't call much otherwise.