PDA

View Full Version : Ugly overplayed AK....

toddxlogan
08-24-2007, 01:54 PM
I think.

Main villain in this hand is 40/10/2 or so, but over a smallish sample. I know, more or less, that I have absolutely got to fold this. But how, and where? Where did I go wrong? I basically felt like I was burning money after this hand, but didn't know how to put out the flame.

On the flop.... Auto-c-bet? Easy check? Insta-open-fold for metagame? (ha). I'm pretty lost. As soon as I check I feel like i'm pretty obligated to AT LEAST call his bet.

Turn: massacred, as far as I can tell. Somebody tell me this is fine to check/call?

Wow, this one made me feel like i suck.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $48.75
Hero (BB): $118.35
UTG: $14.55
MP: $45.75
CO: $48.00
BTN: $49.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $7.50, BTN calls $5.50

Flop: ($24.75) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $8.00</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $8.00

Turn: ($40.75) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets all-in for $32.00</font>, Hero calls $32.00

dnord
08-24-2007, 02:09 PM
You can fold that turn bet easy. Visualize folding.

And there's no reason for you not to take the lead on the flop. You may want to start with an explanation of why you didn't do that. Once you've checked, calling that nasty little "peek-a-boo" bet is mandatory, but the turn is a nightmare and you can be done with it there.

whyzze
08-24-2007, 02:11 PM
only check this flop if you intend on folding to any real bet.

as played flop is fine and turn is a fold.

Eric Yang
08-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Lead on flop and fold to a reraise i would say

definitely fold turn?? either he has a straight already or the jacks just made his full house. You beat none of the hands in his range at all - he's not going to be pushing with K7.

Holdem_Hussl4
08-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I would have made a c-bet here as well on the flop.

Turn is a standard fold.

Eddi
08-24-2007, 02:18 PM
I think your 3b pf is fine and with this flop I can't see why you won't c-bet (unless of course you want to c/rAI). c/c is super-weak, doesn't give you any information and that's such a small bet that readless - I'd push (you still beat T's, AQ and on flop AJ and I don't know what made hand would make such a small bet on such a drawing board, AcTc?!).

I would cb a decent amount on the flop (maybe ~16-20) and given his stack size and your 3b I'm guessing I'd convince myself that I'm committed and call a push (that would probably be spew though:-\).

Grunch
08-24-2007, 02:22 PM
This might be the worst flop check I have ever seen in my life.

bgott224
08-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Cbet flop, somewhere between 14-17 is enough to find out where you're at. By checking the flop you're just putting the noose around your neck.

If he stays around I shut down, with those stats his range is fairly wide and that flop is right in the wheelhouse of just about everything except a small pp.

Grunch
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cbet flop, somewhere between 14-17 is enough to find out where you're at.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not why you bet!

hennnerz
08-24-2007, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lead on flop and fold to a reraise i would say

definitely fold turn?? either he has a straight already or the jacks just made his full house. You beat none of the hands in his range at all - he's not going to be pushing with K7.

[/ QUOTE ]

vixticator
08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Given that you checked flop turn call seems okay, marginal. CO is confused by check so throws out some kind of feeler bet, I don't think he's very strong here. You call and check turn. Shove is less than PSB, seems like a good spot to push with a big hand or draw from his POV. He didn't raise PF, what hands is he limping and cold calling 4-bet from cutoff after a limp? I don't have stove on this cpu but I'd put him on like 77-JJ, AT+, KQ, J9+, T9+, even AcXc. Maybe even weak Kx hands suited, IDK. What is equity against this range? Seriously, who limp cc's 4-bet?

Bet flop of course. This guy is a huge atm machine it appears. RR more PF or even call, 8 is too small. I'd call/raise about 50/50 from BB in a 3bet pot, it plays well enough multiway and conceals strength. You don't want to put in huge 4bet raises and bet/fold IMO.