PDA

View Full Version : A trifect attempt . . .

toddxlogan
08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Hey all-

I went for a trifecta here. Not so sure the last one was a good idea. Thoughts?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $27.50
BB: $59.10
Hero (UTG): $53.85
MP: $43.55
CO: $43.95
BTN: $45.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $2.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, BTN calls $5.00

Turn: ($18.75) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18.00</font>, BTN calls $14.00

River: ($54.75) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks . . .

traz
08-24-2007, 01:11 PM
no way I check the river...Villain checks behind a very large percentage of the time.

Also, I hate the flop cr

Hail Eris
08-24-2007, 01:12 PM
I honestly hate check/raising at any point in this hand.

humP
08-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Do a few dance moves, pull the slider to the end and press bet.

kaz2107
08-24-2007, 01:27 PM
i cbet the flop and lead the turn. as playted checking the river sucks balls. the board is pretty nasty and he will check behind a ton given how u have c/r 2 times already in the hand. he obv has a hand he cant fold so shove ur chips in with the near nutz and profit

nightwood
08-24-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't mind the flop c/r. Turn check is outright bad. After you c/r flop how can you be sure, you're not giving away free cards.

River .. i have no clue. When I look at villains line, the only hands he can have are AcJc, AcTc or club/spade hands that go for a combo draw. You beat the straights but lose to the flushes. Anyway .. with 50% of your stack in you're comitted. Shove it.

Nogatsira
08-24-2007, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went for a trifecta here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A what?

None of those check/raises are good. You are the preflop agressor, c/bet that flop, its a good flop for you aswell.
If you do some weird checkraise after beeing pfagressor on this flop then at least lead out on the turn, I mean its obvious you're playing some donkey because he's following you in this hand but valuebet this river, what are you trying to accomplish? You hope he's dumb enough to bet again?
The pot is huge, theres like $16 behind, it's not even a half potsized bet that he'll have to call so he'll call with almost anything anyhow.

God I wish I was rolled for NL50

ajmargarine
08-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Last one is a horrible idea with him having $18 left.

tttwwwooo
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
did you do this just so you could say you pulled a trifecta off? if so, i like it.

TheDoubleA
08-24-2007, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did you do this just so you could say you pulled a trifecta off? if so, i like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. If you did this only for this post, then bravo, I love the line. If you were actually trying to win at poker, I would lead the turn. As played, I dont think that you can put him on a club draw, due to him sticking around for the turn. If anything I put him on a spade draw. You have to bet the river because he will check behind you so often after being c/r'd twice if he didnt make his draw.