PDA

View Full Version : do you call this even though you're down almost 5 buyins in 700 hands?

jerryf1914
08-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $11.50
BB: $11.60
UTG: $49.00
MP: $10.55
Hero (CO): $23.05
BTN: $27.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, MP calls $0.85, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.25</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $11.60</font>, 2 folds, Hero??

shoxbb6
08-23-2007, 10:05 PM
yes

HighOctane
08-23-2007, 10:07 PM
What was your purpose in raising to $4.25? I don't see how you can fold after that. Also, you are playing way under-rolled for this limit.

jack492505
08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
what's wrong with the 3-bet size? its not that big considering someone called the raise. And yea I would call, and the number of buyins I was up or down wouldn't factor into that decision. Shortstacks at micros are retarded, he could have any pair and a bunch of other garbage, getting the odds you are you can't fold.

vixticator
08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
All good, call.

Grunch
08-23-2007, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you call this even though you're down almost 5 buyins in 700 hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're playing too high if you have to ask this question.

jerryf1914
08-23-2007, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you are playing way under-rolled for this limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

what??

Jzo19
08-23-2007, 10:14 PM
instacall.,,,

jack492505
08-23-2007, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying what Grunch said, if the fact that you are down some number of buyins is going to change how you play you need a larger bankroll to play at that level.

HighOctane
08-23-2007, 10:18 PM
My bad...I thought it read down TO 5 buy-ins.

Grunch
08-23-2007, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying what Grunch said, if the fact that you are down some number of buyins is going to change how you play you need a larger bankroll to play at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly right. Your recent results should have no effect on your strategy. If you have lost a lot recently and you're afraid of losing more (eg, you are trying to avoid variance), then the money matters too much. Move down to where it doesnt matter as much, or reload some more.

Hail Eris
08-23-2007, 10:50 PM
You should snapcall and then you should stop playing for the day regardless of how the hand turns out, because asking this question is a sure indicator of tilt.

jerryf1914
08-23-2007, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what??

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly right. Your recent results should have no effect on your strategy. If you have lost a lot recently and you're afraid of losing more (eg, you are trying to avoid variance), then the money matters too much. Move down to where it doesnt matter as much, or reload some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

teach me how to make the money not matter please /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tarheeljks
08-23-2007, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what??

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

move down so it matters less

jerryf1914
08-24-2007, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what??

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

move down so it matters less

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't be playing 10nl for the rest of existance

jack492505
08-24-2007, 01:35 AM
You won't play 10nl forever no one is suggesting that. But bankroll management is a very important skill.

It seems your letting the fact that you're on a downswing affect your play because your worried about losing your bankroll. When that happens your playing too high for your bankroll.

I had to learn that the hard way, I used to deposit like $150 and play NL50, I would freak out if i lost a buy in. Now I play it properly rolled(keep over 20 buyins) and if i lose a buyin or a couple buyins I don't care.

jerryf1914
08-24-2007, 01:41 AM
losing 1 buyin leads to losing... 2 buyins...leads to losing 3 buyins... it doesn't matter how many you've got it still feels like its possible to lose em all.

tarheeljks
08-24-2007, 01:56 AM
maybe you should take a break