PDA

View Full Version : General Theory: C/R the flop with air as the preflop raiser

HoldEmNewby
08-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Under what circumstances would a c/r with air be more desirable than a simple cbet? What sort of board, what sort of villain would I have to be in the hand with for this to be a greater +EV move than just simply cbetting? Or is c/r with air just something done for meta game?

Micro Donk
08-23-2007, 05:21 PM
i dont see much a use for it, but would it be best if your opponent is extremely aggressive but doesnt react well to aggression (like a c/r would fold out most of their range)? like if they play back at most c-bets, and bet most the time when checked to, but a c/r would make them scared

but theres really very few opponents so specific, so that shouldnt be considered...

i guess you would need good reads to try it anyway

edit: but from what ive seen, a c/r from the PFR is usually seen as air/a draw in the first place

bozzer
08-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I literally never check raise as the pfr, so i never need to balance my play in this department.

HoldEmNewby
08-23-2007, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I literally never check raise as the pfr, so i never need to balance my play in this department.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either but i'm wondering if we're missing +EV in situations for eliminating c/r from our repertoire.

poker12
08-23-2007, 08:45 PM
pretty terrible play