PDA

View Full Version : 10NL BB, AKs, why the minraise and overbet??? what has he got??

jonny87
08-23-2007, 04:25 PM
I know I shouldnt have called on the turn, but the overbet (1.5 x pot) felt like weakness. But on the river I couldn't call the all in. I put him on KT or KK or maybe AA, but the min raise on flop and the huge bet on turn both confused me.
What do you think he had?
And how would you have played it?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($11.75)
UTG ($2.38)
MP ($13.33)
CO ($6.10)
Button ($8.51)
SB ($12.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.4</font>, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.22) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

River: ($4.72) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $10.98</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.72

Snafu'd
08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
You really need to 3 bet this preflop to about $0.75. Then you lead the flop and play poker from there.

BevillTheDevil
08-23-2007, 06:41 PM
3bet this pf and it completely changes the hand...

Student Caine
08-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Grunch:

Preflop: You have to repop this. You are only a big dog to AA or KK. I raise this up to .50 or .60

This allows us to take control of the hand, get more money in the pot when we have a strong hand, and possibly give us an idea of whether or not we are crushed (a lot of 10NL donks will shove this or crazy raise it).

Flop: As played I play for a check raise here. You figure that he is going to bet out here, the check raise here acts as a repop on the flop would have...it lets us know where we are and (hopefully) gets money in the pot when we have the best hand.

We could possibly check-call here to try and milk a weaker ace (this is not a drawy flop), but I really hate doing that with AK...it is a strong hand, but not a slowplayable monster.

Turn: So you need to decide if he is flexing his muscle to try and fold you out, or flexing his muscle because he has a huge hand. Unfortunately we have done nothing on the earlier streets to slow villain down, so he is simply showing strength and we have no idea why.

Had we shown strength previously I would be a lot more likely to figure we are beat.

As played I bet out here, again to try and freeze villain and take control of the hand. We can hope that he is holding a weaker Ace and check call as well (as you did).

River: The $1 bet shows nothing but weakness. I know it is a blocking bet hoping to freeze up another Ace or a weak player with a weak T. I do not think this works often enough to try it. I would check-call a reasonable bet and fold to a shove.

You are correct to fold to his shove here, the problem is we do not know if it is a fold based upon aggression or sensing your weakness.

Aceium
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Check/calling this turn shows that you are not extremely confident in your hand. When you suddenly decide to get aggressive when the 2 comes on the river - this looks really bad. He knows that didn't help you. And value-betting a monster for 25% of the pot doesn't sound like a winning line. If villan has any kind of decent hand he would be correct to raise here.