PDA

View Full Version : QQ vs unknown

Jay_Whufc
08-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Villain was completely unknown, was his 3rd hand at table. Hows my line? Is there any other way to play this against an unknown?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $55.80
BB: $39.10
Hero (UTG): $49.80
MP: $96.25
CO: $64.80
BTN: $49.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $4.00

Flop: ($12.75) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $8.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $43.80</font>,

CmnDwnWrkn
08-23-2007, 03:31 PM
I would just call on the flop. He might be c-betting with AK/AQ or a medium pocket pair, in which case he would likely shut down on the turn.

If he fires out a big bet on the turn, I'm putting him on AA/KK and folding.

monkeymaps
08-23-2007, 03:34 PM
this is pretty standard if youve decided you want to felt this hand this is fine. dont like waiting to the turn to do this because you loose action from JJ TT when a A or K falls on the turn or you have to freeze if an A or K comes on the turn.

Jay_Whufc
08-23-2007, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would just call on the flop. He might be c-betting with AK/AQ or a medium pocket pair, in which case he would likely shut down on the turn.

If he fires out a big bet on the turn, I'm putting him on AA/KK and folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

So check/call flop and check turn to him??? Doesnt really seem optimal, though Im not sure what is?!?

Jay_Whufc
08-23-2007, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is pretty standard if youve decided you want to felt this hand this is fine. dont like waiting to the turn to do this because you loose action from JJ TT when a A or K falls on the turn or you have to freeze if an A or K comes on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking exactly, good to get some reassurance!